Home

Why is a punter....

This is a discussion on Why is a punter.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Why is a punter....

Why is Minnesota's punter playing on the offensive line? I know they Minnesota has a few lineman out with injuries but why is the punter playing on the OL? Cant the other teams sign players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Why is a punter....

That is probably a glitch in your game.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

It's a combination of the AI reacting poorly to the broken IR and roster limits and the AI not using depth charts properly to deal with injuries, and a bug on top of that in which the AI doesn't use player positions or ratings in using players once the depth chart players are unavailable, and instead defaults to the punter. (I think it's not so much the punter as it takes the player with the lowest jersey number that isn't listed on the depth chart of any offensive position.)

The bug has been around since previous gen, and it's getting really annoying that they're incapable of fixing it.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
It's a combination of the AI reacting poorly to the broken IR and roster limits and the AI not using depth charts properly to deal with injuries, and a bug on top of that in which the AI doesn't use player positions or ratings in using players once the depth chart players are unavailable, and instead defaults to the punter. (I think it's not so much the punter as it takes the player with the lowest jersey number that isn't listed on the depth chart of any offensive position.)

The bug has been around since previous gen, and it's getting really annoying that they're incapable of fixing it.
I agree. The worst part is the punter is blocking the hell out of my dline. Really annoying bug.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Not incapable, they just don't care. Just like the fact that line play is still completely FUBAR is pathetic. It's probably the simplest part of the game to get right, because there are only so many different ways to block and/or pass rush and/or stop the run. Yet, it's still completely broken.

EA probably doesn't even remember how to apply effort into doing anything...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
Not incapable, they just don't care. Just like the fact that line play is still completely FUBAR is pathetic. It's probably the simplest part of the game to get right, because there are only so many different ways to block and/or pass rush and/or stop the run. Yet, it's still completely broken.

EA probably doesn't even remember how to apply effort into doing anything...
I really was enjoying this years game, but honestly, for this to happen in the playoffs just put a damper on everything.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I posted something like this in the gripe thread. I had the vikings play both there punter and kicker on the o-line and the bears do the samething. Frustrating that the cpu signs enough players but they won't update there depth chart after injuries. I don't understand why they default to the punter instead of just going to the next best player. Weird and frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »