Home

Yahoo speaks the truth about EA

This is a discussion on Yahoo speaks the truth about EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
we need more credible "journalists" to do the same

I don't think the video game industry has enough critics with clout. Look at the movie industry or consumer products industry. There are plenty of well respected critics that don't mind calling your product trash if the title fits. Good Housekeeping/Consumer Reports are all good watchdogs of these industries.

I was shocked to read the Gamespot review which lauded this madden as the best of all time. It my be the most feature/animation/graphics heavy of all time but by no means is it the best. I really think many of these review sites are taking incentivees to write favorable reviews. I like the game but there was not one mention of any of the numerous fundamental issues that this game has and has had for the last 4-5 years
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Yahoo speaks the truth about EA

EA as a whole, just needs a wake up call....I think it pathetic what they expect us to buy....ANd YES...I know we dont have to buy it, but its the point of even charging it altogether.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

ea sports new game called need for speed is doing this as well when your playing your career it gives you the option to buy cars with microsoft points i find this new trend very gay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
ea sports new game called need for speed is doing this as well when your playing your career it gives you the option to buy cars with microsoft points i find this new trend very gay.
All video games are doing this. They sure are doing their best to kill of the video game industry. Eventually people get tired of being nickel-and-dime'd and go find a new hobby.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #13
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
...and those cars can be unlocked in game too for free.

If people want to pay to cheat, why shouldn't they take advantage of it? Yeah, it's kinda lame, but who cares?

We paid for a game genie to cheat on the old NES system... we paid for a GameShark to cheat on the ps2... now you're just paying the game company directly instead of a 3rd party. What's the big deal?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
...and those cars can be unlocked in game too for free.

If people want to pay to cheat, why shouldn't they take advantage of it? Yeah, it's kinda lame, but who cares?

We paid for a game genie to cheat on the old NES system... we paid for a GameShark to cheat on the ps2... now you're just paying the game company directly instead of a 3rd party. What's the big deal?
That's a good point, but it's not accurate in all instances. For example, Madden. Why do we now have to pay to coax a player out of retirement? That kind of microtransaction is LAME.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That's a good point, but it's not accurate in all instances. For example, Madden. Why do we now have to pay to coax a player out of retirement? That kind of microtransaction is LAME.
True, that one is really high up on the LAME scale. Horse armor in Oblivion is pretty bad too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #16
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
True, that one is really high up on the LAME scale. Horse armor in Oblivion is pretty bad too.
Reminds me of airlines. If you want to charge more for the ticket, simply charge more! Don't nickel and dime me to death.

Just raise the price of the games to an acceptable point! Put everything in the game at the beginning!

It's more annoying to pay all of the small little fees that add up than to just pay a higher price at the beginning of the transaction. Maybe that is why I like Southwest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »