Home

Is hot routing in your offline franchise like cheating?

This is a discussion on Is hot routing in your offline franchise like cheating? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Is hot routing in your offline franchise like cheating?

I'd suggest trying to limit it to one hot route per play. That is realistic. If a QB sees a defensive mismatch, it's very common for him to have the receiver run a streak or quick in, whatever is appropriate.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

that's part of football qb's telling recievers to do a different pattern . how do you think they run no huddle they have different plays two plays in huddle and hot route based of what d shows. defensively you can hot route to to expose something
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
2 more of my "house rules"...
1-No hot routing period against the CPU
2-Cannot be in shotgun or 4 WR singleback on 1st down.

SO SAD we have to have house rules to get the game to behave "realistic".

I dont see those 2 house rules on SUNDAYS.

I have the first "house rule", but not the second. Mine I have to use to get full enjoyment out of the game are:

1.) Never throw RB screen passes
2.) If I intercept a pass, Don't use the turbo button when running so I rarely run them back for TDs.
3.) Never use hot routes. PERIOD.
4.) Don't continue to hold up on Right or Left analog after contacted by two or more tacklers, causing me to break free unrealistically sometimes.
5.) ALWAYS use ask Madden when selecting a play, and pick a play from the 9 choices given. On offense and defense.

And I play with 25sec playclock run off, and NEVER hurry to the line of scrimmage, unless its in final minute of 2nd or 4th qtr and Im needing a score. But by the time I can hike it, it's under 10sec on the playclock, so I don't really have time to hot route anyway.

It is sad that we have to use house rules, but I don't mind it. I have those mentioned that I use, and Im loving the game right now cuz of that.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-30-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

why restrict yourself , i don't do house rules so just wondering. the screen doesn't work that great so there shouldn't be a issue. why have madden pick your plays you lose all stragedy . i'm just asking not knocking what you do.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't mean cheating like stealing the answers from the teacher's desk but more like exploiting the game a little. I mean no team hot routes every play, except maybe Peyton and Brady potenially. It just feels cheap to me sometimes.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
why restrict yourself , i don't do house rules so just wondering. the screen doesn't work that great so there shouldn't be a issue. why have madden pick your plays you lose all stragedy . i'm just asking not knocking what you do.
I used to score on screens 8/10 times...so i just limit myself by not using sprint PERIOD on screens. WAY too easy to get HUGE chunks of yards.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #15
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

lol no
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #16
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57

I don't have Madden pick my plays. I just hit the "Ask Madden", then from there I scroll around and pick of the the 9 plays given to me(other than a screen pass).

Maybe screens don't work well for you, but 9 out of 10 times I'm going to get at least 10yds on one. Alot of times I break free for 20-40yds and TDs. Ive honestly gotten to the point now where I don't allow my RB to get more than 5 receptions per game cuz it's wayyyy too easy for me to get good yardage and TDs even.

It's def not for everyone, and it sucks in a way but then again it really doesn't. I enjoy the game the way I am playing it now. Im not even gonna download the patch cuz Ive heard it creates problems and would have to re do the sliders. I wish tho I could get the Simmed stats right, especially the tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »