Home

Playbook structure needs to be completely re-done

This is a discussion on Playbook structure needs to be completely re-done within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Playbook structure needs to be completely re-done

We should be able to assemble our own playbooks by choosing plays from every team's playbook. Then we should be able to categorize the playbook by down and distance.

Just seems that there's A. too many junk plays in a playbook, B. too hard to scan the playbook for the play you want in a certain situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Playbook structure needs to be completely re-done

i agree to the concept..

I only run 20 or so offensive and defensive play (40 max in total) in a given game. depending on the opponent of course. as a rule i don't run extravagant plays that I don't understand or have not had a chance to run a few times in practice.

nothing worse than coming off a turnover sifting through a thousand plays and getting a delay of game.

to a certain extent they already have this with the "Recent Plays" category.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Playbook structure needs to be completely re-done

Another aspect that makes this game very difficult to play.

I'd like to see more plays duplicated in several formations. For example, an off-tackle run should be in EVERY 2-back formation. Screens, draws... I shouldn't have to search through several formations to find basic plays.

And the offensive playbook definitley needs to be reorganized. Why not put the playaction plays on the same line as the run their faking, for example?

And the defensive playbook is the worst. The format needs to be scrapped then tiered. I know, I know, it's too difficult. Well, something has to be done so that I'm not stuck with the limited schemes EA has been providing.

There are other major problems, but the playbooks are one of the biggest elements holding this game back. Until we can create our own schemes, or EA quadruples the available pre-made schemes, I consider the defense broken. Defense is not multiple choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »