Home

Is my Micheal Vick signing fair?

This is a discussion on Is my Micheal Vick signing fair? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Is my Micheal Vick signing fair?

Ok so it's the first year in my Bills dynasty. In the pre season Trent Edwards went down with a season ending injury. After 4 weeks we sat at 2-2 but last in total offense with just over 100 yards per game passing.

With Ryan Fitzpatrick not getting the job done behind center I noticed that the Eagles had released Vick. So I went ahead and signed him and the offense has improved greatly.

I think the free agent signing was fair but in a game like Madden playing with someone like Micheal Vick almost feels like cheating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is my Micheal Vick signing fair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Ok so it's the first year in my Bills dynasty. In the pre season Trent Edwards went down with a season ending injury. After 4 weeks we sat at 2-2 but last in total offense with just over 100 yards per game passing.

With Ryan Fitzpatrick not getting the job done behind center I noticed that the Eagles had released Vick. So I went ahead and signed him and the offense has improved greatly.

I think the free agent signing was fair but in a game like Madden playing with someone like Micheal Vick almost feels like cheating.
Think you have answered your own question

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't think so, it's not like he can really light it up as a passer. His rating is what it is, doesn't mean it's cheating because you signed a free agent to help your team.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

If you were able to manage signing both Peyton and Brady, I'd say that was unfair....

But Vick? Nah, you're good...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

its only "cheating" with Vick if you signed him and are using him 07' style running all over the place with him with no intent to pass half the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
its only "cheating" with Vick if you signed him and are using him 07' style running all over the place with him with no intent to pass half the time.
Remember he could also throw the ball in 07 which made him unstoppable.

Your good i think it was a very smart signing
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Not trying to beat anyone up here. However I not so sure Vick could or will ever be much of a passer. In 2007(actually 2006 season) He only had his best year in Td passes(20) not really lighting it up. He had better completation percentage, less int's, more yardage in previous years.
Vick in my opinion is very average passer, above average athlete.
mcnabb is above average, in my opinion, one of the best currently(injuries aside). keep this in mind, Take Vick's best year passing and its far worse than mcnabb's worse year!
But back to the point of thread-there isn't anything wrong with your signing of Vick. Get it done with the Bills and Vick!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Just talking about Vick on the field, he is on e of the most exciting players to watch in our generation along with B. and D. Sanders, R. Moss, J. Rice, etc. Vick in Atlanta wasn't a great QB, but he was a great athlete that used his skills to win games and take his team to the playoffs and win there too. With an accurate representation of Vick in a game you have to understand that you are not getting a true QB like Manning or Brady, you are getting an athlete. You have to play differently as a result as Vick cannot make "all the throws." I have no problem with someone using Vick in their franchise.

Also, using T.O. and Vick combo would be a lot of fun. I would recomend calling a lot of drag, slant, curl and post passes. I wouldn't try to streatch the D and I wouldn't force the ball into anything that looks like tight coverage. Also, use a lot of Shotgun. I think that running the ball with Lynch and having the Vick/T.O. show would be a lot of fun to play and may even make a Bills franchise too because of this idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »