Home

Swat Ball vs Catch DB play

This is a discussion on Swat Ball vs Catch DB play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Swat Ball vs Catch DB play

So from playing a lot of madden this year one thing is extremely glaring to me that has stuck out and hasn't seem to been beat to death on the forums, though if it has i'm sorry I didn't see it when I searched.

The Swat Ball versus Catch Ball this year when manually playing defense has me puzzled, it used to be a realistic thing in which the Swat would have a higher success rate but your not trying to pick it, the Catch would be risk reward. Now the problem i'm seeing is Catch ball has been just as effective as swat, swat seems to be neutered for user control and leaving you DBs useless at times on higher difficulties, especially all-madden. Now my suggestion is give a lower percentage of getting the ball when hitting the catch button and give a small boost to the effectiveness of swatting balls.

Now on another tangent similar to this is CPU play. The Computer rarely and i mean rarely goes for swatting the ball, on All-Madden a major issue is interceptions vs swatted balls in user games. The computer seems to notice the observation i made when usering the DBs, they always go for the int. This not only creates more superhuman computer plays on D but it also raises interceptions and doesn't allow the gamble and it not pay off with the user reciever getting the ball because the Computer went for a pick resulting in a big play.

I'd like to hear others have to say on these matters. I understand its unlikely to get a quick fix or get things straightened out this year, but it would be nice if we could get a group movement to help guide us towards a better madden in the future.

Also, i do think that the back pedal and over jumping of routes on higher difficulties is a problem, but that isn't the main focus right now for me, but is another thing that needs some addressing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »