Home

Is there really any way to get pressure in this game?

This is a discussion on Is there really any way to get pressure in this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Is there really any way to get pressure in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I disagree with no turbo. I time the snap and turbo straight into a linemen, I then release the turbo as I make my move. The moment I am free I turn the turbo back on and angle directly to the QB.

The issue with turbo is if you hold it straight off the snap and get off then your player starts running in right angles(Tron jogging I heard it called) and you cant take a curve to the QB. If you release the sprint and then pull it back again, you have full mobility to take that curve angle like IRL.

Another tip is to look at the angle you are supposed to blitz in at. If you start off the line in the general direction that the blitz shows you will be faster then if you were to try and go a different direction from it. I have found going a different direction often times makes the DL stand up then almost walk to the OL instead of sprinting in fast and hard.

You can change how the DL blitz in by the DL audible. I found that spreading the DL then making the line blitz inside gives the best results for getting off the line quickest. Once you are off the line do the above methods and you should find yourself in the QBs face all game long.
This is good. Use your turbo!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't know if you can get pressure but I had 666 posts so I had to get rid of that quick.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Set CPU pass block to 5 (yes, 5) and set User pass rush to 50. You should be able to pull out 2 sacks minimum in a game. I have played some crappy teams and gotten 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

i get around 5-6 sacks a game and rush for around 150 yards. maybe it's the sliders? but after the patch, i've been mobbing all over the QB with everyone from linebackers to interior to d-ends.

but i'm also sending around 5-6 each time and having the blitzing backers taking out the tackles so my d-end is free and i use a move on the back.

after the patch, the qb doesn't throw away at the hint of turbo anymore. he'll stand in the pocket for at least 3-4 seconds each time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »