Home

Why don't some people like the truth?

This is a discussion on Why don't some people like the truth? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Why don't some people like the truth?

Why is it people don't like trash-talk on madden? I mean seriously, are you getting paid to endorse this garbage or what? You have been shown in SO MANY ways why this game is pathetic yet you still defend it. Y?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why don't some people like the truth?

Because we all have our opinions. I for one think Madden 10 is okay. Now yes there a lot of problems in this game, but there are improvements. I hate saying maybe next year, but I feel that's what it will take. But to answer your question, its called opinions. There like butts, everybody has one, and they all stink.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Maybe people don't necessarily disagree with some of the opinions; rather the way some people put them out there.

Using words like "garbage" and "pathetic" hardly helps your complaint.

Then there is the fact that what some people find game-breaking, others find manageable. What doesn't bother some people is a total annoyance to others.

I don't really see why people resent the fact that not everyone hates the game.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Exactly. I neither love nor hate this version. There are aspects that make me say damn :-D and there are aspects that make me say damn, have these guys ever really studied the game? The guys who attatch superlatives to the game simply want reaction and then act shocked when someone disagrees with them.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #5
Pro

I agree with Smash, it's not that people criticize the game, it's how they do it. I think the game is fine, it has it's problems but all games do. I don't need a game to be a perfect simulation of football to have fun with it. Also, a lot of the problems that people talk about are things that I haven't seen in my games. I'm not going to be upset about a problem with the game thatI haven't actually encountered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #6
Rookie

right...well i use those words because thats what madden has turned into. back in 2003 this game was awesome.

think about this, if it were 2003 and you had just bought madden 04 and gone home and played it you woul have been blown away. then later on this dude shows up with a PS3 and a copy of madden 2010!! you're like OMG i cant wait to play! it will be just like being there!

so, you play the game and needless to say, you're blown away alright, because your're in such disbelief that the madden franchise of the future is actually the beta version!!!

seriously though, how can anyone argue that the game has gotten better since then...
Old 10-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I agree with Smash, it's not that people criticize the game, it's how they do it. I think the game is fine, it has it's problems but all games do. I don't need a game to be a perfect simulation of football to have fun with it. Also, a lot of the problems that people talk about are things that I haven't seen in my games. I'm not going to be upset about a problem with the game thatI haven't actually encountered.
What things exactly are you referring to, because you're obviously in denial.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Well, this may be too simple of a solution but if i truly thought 03 was superior i would downgrade systems for a few bucks and be playing that instead.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »