Home

Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate?

This is a discussion on Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate?

I'm in the second year of my Ravens franchise and Joe Flacco is not at all accurate, it's worse than Jamarcus Russell in real life. He'll overthrow wide open WRs by 10 yards several times a game, yet his accuracy ratings are all in the 80's (86/80/85 for SAC/MAC/DAC). I used Carson Palmer in a different franchise (same Throw Power, similar accuracy) and he was on target with virtually all of his throws unless he was getting hit or throwing on the run.

Could it somehow be because he's still young? maybe a function of low awareness? I can't figure it out, Flacco just consistently overthrows wide open recievers when he's not under any pressure, despite having good accuracy ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I'm in the second year of my Ravens franchise and Joe Flacco is not at all accurate, it's worse than Jamarcus Russell in real life. He'll overthrow wide open WRs by 10 yards several times a game, yet his accuracy ratings are all in the 80's (86/80/85 for SAC/MAC/DAC). I used Carson Palmer in a different franchise (same Throw Power, similar accuracy) and he was on target with virtually all of his throws unless he was getting hit or throwing on the run.

Could it somehow be because he's still young? maybe a function of low awareness? I can't figure it out, Flacco just consistently overthrows wide open recievers when he's not under any pressure, despite having good accuracy ratings.
I might be the throwing power. He's putting the ball there well before the WR gets there maybe? Not sure, but I do know what you are talking about.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also think its his huge throwing power he seems to put it there too quickly.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
Pro

I don't think that the Throw Power would be an issue because Carson Palmer (with the exact same throw power) was able to make the throws that Flacco missed consistently to very similar recievers (in terms of Speed, Flacco has Desean Jackson, but Palmer had Calvin Johnson).
Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Could it be that your throwing on the run?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32

I honestly think it's the release they gave him. I have the same issues which led me to trade him in year 3 of a fantasy draft franchise with my friends for Stafford. Stafford was much easier to get the ball to WR's despite having the high throw power and lower accuracy ratings.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
Could it be that your throwing on the run?
Nope, I went back and watched the replay whenever it happened. There was no pressure and Flacco was standing still. I decided to trade Flacco for Palmer (had to throw in a 2nd round pick for the trade to go through, got a 4th back in return), and Palmer has been playing much better than Flacco did.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 41

I really hate the so called " Individual throwing styles "!

I am a Seahawk fan and the way they have Hasselbeck throwing motion is horrible! he has to have the slowest release in Madden 10 yet in real life he has a quicker release than most.

Whats funny is if you try and experiment with different QB's you will be dumbfounded if you have any real knowledge of the NFL and it players.

The quickest release I have seen in Madden 10 is Matt Shaub's. In real life he no quicker than Hasselbeck but in this game out of all the QB's I have tried his release is instantaneous LOL.

The best deep ball QB is Matt Ryan. When I practiced with Matt Ryan every single pass was picture perfect on bombs and any other pass also.

The other issue I have on the passing is there really is no medium trajectory. It is either really high or low. It is almost impossible to just lob a pass over a LB sitting in a zone without him picking it off.

Throwing a Bullet pass should not take forever for a ball to get there either. Has the Madden team ever heard of a QB sticking right between 2 defenders on a laser? In Madden 10 if you throw a bullet pass to an area of a zone it seems like it is just floating in the air instead of looking like a ball on a mission.

If they want to point to there passing game as being a staple of Madden 10 than they need to get these things right!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »