Home

Editing Ratings in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Editing Ratings in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Editing Ratings in Franchise Mode

First off, hellooo all. Im new obviously soooo yo.
The part of Madden I've always enjoyed most over the years has been franchise mode, and between my brothers and I or my boyfriend we like controlling all 32 teams. Or if one of us is feeling nerdy enough, we do it alone. It's a ton of work but its fun and I'm a control freak. I hated seeing 1st round QB's getting drafted to teams that already had the likes of a Tom Brady but just because he was the only QB on the roster, the CPU deemed it a need.

Anyways needless to say Im stoked about NBA 2k10 having the ability to control all 30 teams this year, but something 2k does that Madden doesnt that I wish they did is the ability to edit ratings within franchise mode.

Yes its a little thing but to Franchise peeps like me its a big little thing. Progression allllllllways sucks. and I want to be able to control it. Not stupidly (but it's my offline franchise anyway) but for example, I want Chad Henne to be wayyyyy higher than a measley 72 in 2010. Low 80's at least. Colt Brennan-57, Cameron Wake-71, yuck!

And the rookies...dont get me started. I import NCAA classes. My best DE was a 70 (Cunningham from UF) c'mon! Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen are as good as Mark Sanchez IMO. 72 and 66 respectively.

Especially given how there's no way for guys to progress in Madden 10 other than a maximum 6 OVR points in the off season if theyre younger than 26, i want the freedom to "help" the less than subpar progression throughout my franchise.. fun killer for me.

Sorry if this has already been brought up, didnt see it. I think this is a very easy thing to allow and I KNOW it would make thousands of loyal Madden consumers other than just little ole' me happier. The ratings are accessable(sp) in edit player...just unlock them pleeeeeease EA! What do ya dudes think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Editing Ratings in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyHeartsMiami
First off, hellooo all. Im new obviously soooo yo.
The part of Madden I've always enjoyed most over the years has been franchise mode, and between my brothers and I or my boyfriend we like controlling all 32 teams. Or if one of us is feeling nerdy enough, we do it alone. It's a ton of work but its fun and I'm a control freak. I hated seeing 1st round QB's getting drafted to teams that already had the likes of a Tom Brady but just because he was the only QB on the roster, the CPU deemed it a need.

Anyways needless to say Im stoked about NBA 2k10 having the ability to control all 30 teams this year, but something 2k does that Madden doesnt that I wish they did is the ability to edit ratings within franchise mode.

Yes its a little thing but to Franchise peeps like me its a big little thing. Progression allllllllways sucks. and I want to be able to control it. Not stupidly (but it's my offline franchise anyway) but for example, I want Chad Henne to be wayyyyy higher than a measley 72 in 2010. Low 80's at least. Colt Brennan-57, Cameron Wake-71, yuck!

And the rookies...dont get me started. I import NCAA classes. My best DE was a 70 (Cunningham from UF) c'mon! Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen are as good as Mark Sanchez IMO. 72 and 66 respectively.

Especially given how there's no way for guys to progress in Madden 10 other than a maximum 6 OVR points in the off season if theyre younger than 26, i want the freedom to "help" the less than subpar progression throughout my franchise.. fun killer for me.

Sorry if this has already been brought up, didnt see it. I think this is a very easy thing to allow and I KNOW it would make thousands of loyal Madden consumers other than just little ole' me happier. The ratings are accessable(sp) in edit player...just unlock them pleeeeeease EA! What do ya dudes think?
Good post, and I agree 100%. We buy the game, we should be able to edit people if we want to.

Some will abuse it, but for people like us, we just want what we feel is an accurate representation of football and the players.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Tanks. Exactly, it's our 60 bucks, obviously don't allow it for online gaming but ya know what, some people may enjoy a team full of 99's, or others may hate Shawne Merriman so much they wanna make him worse so he'll be out of a job eventually, or others maybe still believe Jamarcus Russell (how's that throwing a ball 70 yards from your knees working?) will develop into a stud lol

I just want some realistic progression. And too hard of a thing to get right by developers. Every flippin year we hear "New Progression system" ... I think this one is the worst yet... what the duck happened to training camp??
Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm trying my tail off to make Matt Leinart into a star quarterback because I think he's capable of it if he was given a fighting chance, but the progression system is really slowing him down. It takes forever to climb out of the 60's-70's ratings. We need the ability to do this on our own. Our money, our game, our choices.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
Rookie

are options so much to ask for EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I think I'm correct in that the $60 you pay for the game is for the rights to play the game in it's original form. You are kind of liscensing the game and EA is giving you permission to play something that they have created. Being able to edit information thats already in the game is a priviledge and EA has let you do this already but requesting more rights into editing what they have put time and effort in is just rediculous. Play the game how it is, and if you like it then keep playing...if not then move on. I'm tired of "I want this, and I want that". When you buy a CD of your favorite group and you don't like one song do you jump on their message boards and question what their expertise is? I don't think so... It's the same with video games and music. You pay for the rights to own their material...you don't have to like what the material is and you have a choice to listen/play it as much or little as you want. If the artist or company feels like their product isn't to their liking they will fix it...with video games it's a patch....with music it's a remix...with movies it's a directors cut...

Lets the artist/designer/director make a product that they like, if you don't like it then don't buy it or play it...speak with your wallet...don't whine about what you think you deserve to have in a game....

Rent it before buying....by renting it the manufacturer doesn't receive the money...the rental place does. Just like Itunes lets you listen to the songs before buying them. Do your research before you invest your hard earned money into a product...

If you're going to criticize a game...make it constructive as in "You know what would make this more enjoyable...." or "I like this feature, but what about trying this..."

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

Last edited by JaymeeAwesome; 10-05-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I think I'm correct in that the $60 you pay for the game is for the rights to play the game in it's original form. You are kind of liscensing the game and EA is giving you permission to play something that they have created. Being able to edit information thats already in the game is a priviledge and EA has let you do this already but requesting more rights into editing what they have put time and effort in is just rediculous. Play the game how it is, and if you like it then keep playing...if not then move on. I'm tired of "I want this, and I want that". When you buy a CD of your favorite group and you don't like one song do you jump on their message boards and question what their expertise is? I don't think so... It's the same with video games and music. You pay for the rights to own their material...you don't have to like what the material is and you have a choice to listen/play it as much or little as you want. If the artist or company feels like their product isn't to their liking they will fix it...with video games it's a patch....with music it's a remix...with movies it's a directors cut...

Lets the artist/designer/director make a product that they like, if you don't like it then don't buy it or play it...speak with your wallet...don't whine about what you think you deserve to have in a game....

Rent it before buying....by renting it the manufacturer doesn't receive the money...the rental place does. Just like Itunes lets you listen to the songs before buying them. Do your research before you invest your hard earned money into a product...

If you're going to criticize a game...make it constructive as in "You know what would make this more enjoyable...." or "I like this feature, but what about trying this..."
We just want to be able to edit ratings in franchise so that if a guy like Pierre Garcon has a breakout season, we can edit him accordingly, not let him slide his way into the abyss because he is a 60s rated player. This is a really simple thing, why are you arguing with us, shut your mouth.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13

That is exactly what the OP is saying, this game would be more enjoyable if we had the option to edit ratings within franchise. It's not that difficult to do, I mean really? You do have a point, but it's not like she's asking for a whole new feature she's merely asking for something so small that it shouldn't take anything to put into the game. I think we know our teams better than that Looman guy at EA...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »