Home

Poll- who else cheats in ther Franchise?

This is a discussion on Poll- who else cheats in ther Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Have you cheated in your Franchise?
Yes 11 20.75%
No 42 79.25%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Poll- who else cheats in ther Franchise?

lol as soon as I got the game and started my franchise I was started cheating.

It started when: I got pissed at this bum *** player who wasent doing what I wanted... so in the spirit of Al Davis I put him in his place and got things done unethically.

So who else here will admit to cheating?

(example: abusing the limitations of the game through player editing trading and signing)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Poll- who else cheats in ther Franchise?

Well I use the draft guides from Gamefaqs to build my team through the draft. I have taken the Raiders and got rid of the dead weight and outlandish cap numbers and got the team to an 89 overall with about 40 million in free cap space in year 3 doing this.
I took the hit of cap penalties in year 2, about 76 million, so in year 3 my team is pretty good, the only real weakness is the DT's and my CB'S outside of Nnamdi(?).
I also have moved them to Alaska and made them the Centurions.

One last thing I did when I first got the game, I would edit Chad Pennington's THP to a 77, I felt 70 was to low and couldn't get the ball far enough to really open up the offense. Which is why when I use the Phins, I generally try and draft Dane Morrow. I like the rookie better than Henne on the game. Of course seeing as who he is modeled after doesn't hurt either.

Last edited by wkedklwnz; 10-04-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkedklwnz
Well I use the draft guides from Gamefaqs to build my team through the draft. I have taken the Raiders and got rid of the dead weight and outlandish cap numbers and got the team to an 89 overall with about 40 million in free cap space in year 3 doing this.
I took the hit of cap penalties in year 2, about 76 million, so in year 3 my team is pretty good, the only real weakness is the DT's and my CB'S outside of Nnamdi(?).
I also have moved them to Alaska and made them the Centurions.
lol i refuse to move them... but in my most resent go at them i went all out with the cheating...

i have every worthwhile young stud pro bowl player on my team signed to low long term contracts lmao
Old 10-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
lol i refuse to move them... but in my most resent go at them i went all out with the cheating...

i have every worthwhile young stud pro bowl player on my team signed to low long term contracts lmao
It was easy for me to move them, I dont have an attachment to the Raiders. I cant bring myself to moving the Dolphins.

I used to do that on the older Madden's, grab up all the rookies and 2nd or 3rd year guys that were highly rated. This year, I just cant bring myself to using Dirty Sanchez, Stafford, Flaaco, or Matt Ryan.
I remember when Cutler first came into the league he was every team I used on Madden that year, same with Brady Quinn.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Awww no Dirty Sanchez? lol...

Living in NY for the past 4 yrs, the Jets have kinda grown on me. (Minus Favre lol)

My fantasy team is rediculously stocked with Jets (but being a Bucs fan its not hard to enjoy the fruits of others labors). Personally I havent traded for anyone like that, but I do roll with the Jets in Play Now and Online games.

But no I don't "cheat". I like to build the underdog team lol. One of my fave FA signings is Billy Latsko. Now thats usually how I "cheat" sign up all the scrubs and try winning with less than spectacular dudes

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I had to cheat once, but it wasn't even for me.... it was for my friend who put himself in "cap hell" with Titans. He did a bunch of trades and realeased guys without worrying about the cap penalties. He couldn't re-sign any of his players, or even have enough players to fill the roster requirements.

I told him I would fix it for him, but I didn't tell him how I did it. I don't want him to know....lol.... I only did it, because I didn't want to start the franchise over, cuz I had my Packers up to a 91 overall team only a few yrs in, and had some nice A pontential draft picks in late rounds.

Instead of having to let many of his good players go to Free Agency, I had to edit many of his high priced players that had contracts up or one year remaining, to a Kicker and then re-sign them for peanuts... then go back and edit them to their original position.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #7
Rookie

ill resign players i dont want to keep at the end of the year for one year during the season. that way i wont get a cap penalty cos the players signing bonus gets counted towards the current seasons cap & not next seasons.

im not actually sure if its cheating. i dont know of any teams that do this (since they seem to not have any free cap space anyway, which is why u get those "post june 1" cuts or whatever they are called).

one thing that i can say def is cheating is that i might resign that player for 1 year w/o a bonus then trade him (if i want picks).
Old 10-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

I don't know if this is cheating but if I can't get a player to resign when he's in the last year of his contract, I wait until week 5, put him on the block and always accept whichever team interested has the worst record at that point (higher draft position). It's not full proof but if i can pick 30 picks earlier in a round, I consider that better value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »