Home

Can we get some help from the OS Moderators to get some questions answered?

This is a discussion on Can we get some help from the OS Moderators to get some questions answered? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Can we get some help from the OS Moderators to get some questions answered?

The fact of the matter is guys I just haven't had the time (or will power) to do the constant community interaction. The negativity was tough to stomach but I'm already used to that. I'm in kind of a new role now at work so it has just been hard to find time. Add to the fact that it really has taken me a long time to kind of de-compress from the amount of work I put in during the cycle.

The interaction throughout the cycle was most definitely not a hype or marketing...to be frank, that would be a really bad idea (the amount of time I spent here talking to the same small amount of people doesn't quite return the investment). Also I don't think us being here would really stop the negative bashing. That still happened when I was on here for 4 hours every night.

I have been leaning on other guys at the office to try and get them to come here, but it's been slow going. Maybe the best approach would be to get a FAQ thread started up again and have the mods decipher, trim, and relay that information directly to us for us to answer all in one big chunk. That sound like a good idea? If so, I can bounce that around at work and get some volunteers.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Guys- I understand everyone is upset, but please let us not derail this thread.

There was a great Easter Bunny/Ratings thread that got completely side tracked by the whole "I've never seen a Punter play LT" diatribe.

All I want is a PS3 version of Madden which is as good as Madden 05.

Actually, if they would release Madden 05 through the Playstation store with updated rosters, I would buy it.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The fact of the matter is guys I just haven't had the time (or will power) to do the constant community interaction. The negativity was tough to stomach but I'm already used to that. I'm in kind of a new role now at work so it has just been hard to find time. Add to the fact that it really has taken me a long time to kind of de-compress from the amount of work I put in during the cycle.

The interaction throughout the cycle was most definitely not a hype or marketing...to be frank, that would be a really bad idea (the amount of time I spent here talking to the same small amount of people doesn't quite return the investment). Also I don't think us being here would really stop the negative bashing. That still happened when I was on here for 4 hours every night.

I have been leaning on other guys at the office to try and get them to come here, but it's been slow going. Maybe the best approach would be to get a FAQ thread started up again and have the mods decipher, trim, and relay that information directly to us for us to answer all in one big chunk. That sound like a good idea? If so, I can bounce that around at work and get some volunteers.
Thanks for the update, Ian. Some people on the outside don't understand what you do all day, including myself. I can certainly appreciate one's work schedule, though, as you are trying to work on 10 and 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Seriously, the madden devs could save some serious face around here, and probably stop a lot of negative bashing if they would just answer some of our questions. It is so obvious they used OS as a marketing vehicle. Ian claims the negativity pushed him away, but the fact of the matter is they don't want to answer our questions. And I actually think Madden is not that bad of a game, I just want the same interaction we had during pre-release.
Agreed for the most part, if Ian would just answer directly what is being asked, a lot of the negativity would disappear. Most of the complaining is about the buying community not getting answers and Ian/EA skirting around direct answers. Even if the answer is no or not what we want to hear, as long as it is the truth, the community won't be as harsh. Ask David Letterman.

For example my question about stadium specific sounds went unanswered from August 14th to the time the first FAQ came out. If Ian would have just said one sentence, like "The specific sounds are in the game, just don't work right and will be patched" I would've been a lot less pissed off. Adam Thompson is doing a great job IMHO of this on the NCAA Forum.

Another big problem is broken promises. Things we were specifically promised in FAQS or interviews that didn't happen.

Probably 90% of the negativity is because of these two issues.

Last edited by bulls23; 10-07-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

You didn't get demoted or anything, did you? That would be BS if you did.

Anyways, the best thing to do would be like you said, have us ask a bunch of questions, the mods send the questions to you guys and you give the mods answers to relay back to us. That way everyone wins. You guys don't have to put up with excessive complaining, we get answers, it's all good.

P.S. - When is Patch 2 coming out?......I kid, I kid.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Agreed for the most part, if Ian would just answer directly what is being asked, a lot of the negativity would disappear. Most of the complaining is about the buying community not getting answers and Ian/EA skirting around direct answers. Even if the answer is no or not what we want to hear, as long as it is the truth, the community won't be as harsh. Ask David Letterman.

For example my question about stadium specific sounds went unanswered from August 14th to the time the first FAQ came out. If Ian would have just said one sentence, like "The specific sounds are in the game, just don't work right and will be patched" I would've been a lot less pissed off. Adam Thompson is doing a great job IMHO of this on the NCAA Forum.

Another big problem is broken promises. Things we were specifically promised in FAQS or interviews that didn't happen.

Probably 90% of the negativity is because of these two issues.

I thought that Ian did say that the stadium sounds would be fixed in a patch update. Also, 90% of the community's negativity was well before release as people complained about many things such as ref morphing, "tron jogging" (That term came from Apex), and other things. I doubt that those issues are what 90% of the negativity came from.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #15
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
You didn't get demoted or anything, did you? That would be BS if you did.
I doubt it, look under his name it says Madden Creative director which probably means he is over seeing all the Madden properties now, not just lead designer on next gen. Hey I'm guessing but I think I am right.

What they need is a community manager, or several. I inquired about this once but never heard anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
[/b]

I thought that Ian did say that the stadium sounds would be fixed in a patch update. Also, 90% of the community's negativity was well before release as people complained about many things such as ref morphing, "tron jogging" (That term came from Apex), and other things. I doubt that those issues are what 90% of the negativity came from.
Yes he did answer the question but it took over a month to get that answer. That is why the people who buy the game are POed. I was speaking about the complaining after release. The complaining before was mostly jerks who weren't going to buy the game anyway or who just like to mouth off about anything. Those guys don't deserve a response but people like me who bought the game do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »