Home

So apparently injuries are meaningless

This is a discussion on So apparently injuries are meaningless within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So apparently injuries are meaningless

I guess i didn't realize this before, but i was playing online vs the bears, and the dude im playing subs in brian urlacher, who proceeds to play like he is 100% fine. I then proceeded to sub in all of my injured players who were also completely fine. I guess EA isn't following all that closely to the "if you see it on sundays its in the game" thing, cause I have never seen someone who is supposed to be on IR running around like nothing is is wrong with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So apparently injuries are meaningless

Technically they are not hurt. EA did this because if your favorite player tears his ACL then you can still play with him on Live.

It is weird that they get taken off the depth chart but you can sub em back in hmmmmmm ingenious!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Back in PS2 days you weren't allowed to use I.R. players online it wouldn't let you, that along with fair play made online so much better.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

I play a sim-style game, but I like to do it with my full team on the field. I'd hate to not have the option to use Jerod Mayo online.

I like what EA has done here, because you're never going to consistantly get good games verseus random people online. If you really want sim games, you have to play against folks you know. You can choose to not use your injured players if you want, and your opponent too, if you agree to those 'house rules'.

However, if EA had forced the injuries online, then the user has no control or choice. That's never good. I also miss Fair Play, but there should be an on/off toggle.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »