Home

The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you away)

This is a discussion on The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you away) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you away)

First off, a little background story of what is going on.

For my madden 10 franchise, I did a fantasy draft with a created team named the Boston Bulldogs. My first draft pick was the young, quick running back, Deangelo Williams who became the face of my franchise right away. Next pick was Aaron Rodgers.

I'm in the 3rd year of my franchise and I make it to the Super Bowl for the first time. Its the 11-5 Bulldogs against the 12-4 Broncos (remember, fantasy roster; not real Denver roster!). The Denver Broncos have Adrian Peterson and Ben Roethlisberger as their main offensive attack.

The game starts up and I choose to receive and I start out my drive. The unthinkable occurs. On the 3rd play on my first drive, Deangelo Williams gets injured with a bruised sternum - out for game. S***!!!! I can't put Deangelo Williams back in the game as much as I wanted to. My backup HB, Jamal Charles is subbed in.

I punt, but make a nice defensive stop and get the ball back. I score a touchdown on a pass across the middle of the field to Tobias Cross, a WR free agent I signed. 7-0 Bulldogs.

The score stays 7-0 until the 4th quarter. I've shutdown Adrian Peterson for most of the game while my running game has also stayed quiet. With 2:30 left in the 4th quarter, the Broncos have the ball on my 20. They drive the ball down the field with a flurry of passes, but at the 50, I make a nice stop. They're forced to punt. With a minute left, I'm pretty confident that I have this game in the bag.

I have the ball at my own 40 (due to a nice punt return). Broncos have two timeouts; I need a first down. I call a running play and BOOM! Big hit on Charles and he is injured. Antonio Pittman, my 3rd string HB is put into the game. This injury forces me to call a timeout. On 2nd down, I call a run and I gain about 5 yards. Timeout Broncos. It's 3rd and 2, and I call a run play and get stuffed. Broncos call their final timeout. 4th Down. I punt it off to them.

With about 1:15 left in the game, the Broncos start their drive. On their first 3 plays, I swat down all of their passes but on 4th and 10 from their own 25, they complete a 17 yard pass and get out of bounds. There's about 30 seconds left. 1st down: incomplete pass. 2nd down: incomplete pass. 3rd down: a 3 yard completion on a drag and the WR gets out of bounds.

It's 4th and 7 with 10 seconds left in the Super Bowl. I'm up 7-0. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right about now, but still focused. Then...this happened: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/10649325

...F****** S***...

The game proceeds into overtime, where the Broncos receive the ball. They go 3 and out. I receive the punt on the next play. 1st play on offense is a nice 15 yard pass to Desean Jackson, my premier WR. On the 2nd play, I throw a bad pick across the middle. Broncos drive the ball down my throat, score a TD on a long pass play, and win the Super Bowl.

Last edited by rsoxguy12; 10-07-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you a

HAHA that sucks dude.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you a

wow that's crazy.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

OMG...that's about as bad as it gets.

Were you in prevent on the game-tying TD pass?

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why didnt your db swat it down not up. Fundamental rule you learn in pee wee football or lower. Swat the ball down not up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

LOL That sucks man.. What D were u in on that last play?? Good luck next season!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! LOL!
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Crazy part is that's kinda how the Broncos beat the Bengals in week 1

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »