Home

How can you even defend this??

This is a discussion on How can you even defend this?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How can you even defend this??

No it's not an unstoppable play in the game, its another example of a blind homer drowning in his own lies and making any criticism of me to defend the game. I'm more amused than anything... he defends the bad AI blocking saying it is my fault and my bad playcalling as well as saying the "best of both worlds" DB/WR animation where the DB goes for a tip and then warps to the receiver to hit him "looks fine"

LOL wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6socqtMWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCechUKFvw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How can you even defend this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry8100
No it's not an unstoppable play in the game, its another example of a blind homer drowning in his own lies and making any criticism of me to defend the game. I'm more amused than anything... he defends the bad AI blocking saying it is my fault and my bad playcalling as well as saying the "best of both worlds" DB/WR animation where the DB goes for a tip and then warps to the receiver to hit him "looks fine"

LOL wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6socqtMWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCechUKFvw
That second clip was absolutely horrible. I agree, how does a dev see this and let it go in the game?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

What's so bad about that? lol

Yeah, there are some bad animations. Does anyone else know about this?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

The first video was a product of the suction/warping that happens on running plays when you jam down on the spring button as soon as you get the ball, if you set your blocks up and then run, and then sprint....you don't have that problem.

no suction tackling, and notice how I was able to make a cut and burst into my running lane as opposed to your dead sprint...I mean....you had a blocker out front....no one coming around on the back end....why not let your guy actually block someone in front of you instead of sprinting right pass him? He wasn't even touching anyone and you're sprinting...

And your second video is clearly a bad animation (which this game is full of and it's been out since mid August....surely you're not just discovering this now.)
Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

LOL @ nuckles

1st of all you didnt burst a running lane the safety missed an easy tackle, second watch the linebacker in the second level get suctioned by Chris Cooley, the MLB takes a horrible angle, and the corner looks like he's confused, and the other saftey should be taking an angle up field to catch the RB if he breaks, instaed he runs horizontally right into a block, I love when people get yardage and act like they did something to fix the game...

Also, this game does suck, which everyone knows by now, its just you have to control what you can and the rest is up to chance

Twitter - @Sicksteen_216

"I'm the best 2K player in the Northern Hemisphere"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

In the knuckles video that ref has speed to burn. He was closing faster than the linebackers and safeties.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Gripe thread.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »