Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Can practice mode be fixed so that its a little more useful for actually practicing? can it be made so that that on defense we can set what type of play we want to practice against? For example it would be nice if I could set it to pick a random play out of nothing but screens or nothing but shotgun plays or nothing but 5 receiver sets or nothing but play-action passes or only passing plays or only running plays. As it is now when you go to practice mode and set it to pick a random play, it seems like it only chooses plays from about 25% of the playbook. It almost makes practice mode worthless or at least much more cumbersome than it should be. If I want to practice defending screen passes I have to pick a particular screen then a different particular screen, then a different particular screen when I could just tell the cpu to pick random screen plays itself.

I should be able to make practice as broad or general as I want so I should be able to tell the computer to randomly pick any offensive or defensive play out of the entire playbook, then I should be able to tell the computer to randomly pick only runs or passes, then I should be able to tell the computer to randomly pick only runs or passes out of this particular formation, then I should be able to tell the computer to only pick certain types of runs or passes like only sweeps, only inside runs, only tosses, and etc. Likewise I should be able to do the same think on defense where I can tell the computer to randomly pick any defensive play or any 4-3 play or any nickle play or any nickle 335 play, only blitzes, only zones, only man and etc.

This shouldnt be hard to do either. Its already set up where we can choose a play out of a certain type of play, so instead of then making us pick a particular play, give us the option to make the computer randomly pick from that play type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Can you guys put in a player rating for online users, like at the end of a game a quick pop up and we rate them with stars so we can avoid cheesers and quitters? thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 4

Can we get this thread stickied? It seems to me that this is just as important than gripe threads and "little things", if not more.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #108
Banned

bump
Old 10-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #109
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
Can we get this thread stickied? It seems to me that this is just as important than gripe threads and "little things", if not more.
I think Ian confirmed (pretty much) on Twitter that he got this. That's just a guess because he didn't specify the thread but I'm confident this is the thread he mentioned.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #110
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I think Ian confirmed (pretty much) on Twitter that he got this. That's just a guess because he didn't specify the thread but I'm confident this is the thread he mentioned.
Not only Twitter, but post #93 in this thread too. I'm not sure this thread was meant for an ongoing Q @A with EA. Maybe once in a while, but I think everyone has asked all the questions that they can think of at this stage.

My opinion.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #111
Banned

I agree, it seems pretty much all the important Q's have been asked. I just like to keep updated on this thread, see if Ian has stopped by again. It makes it kind of hard when it's burried. I just figured it would be easier for Ian, myself, and others to find it if it was stickied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 1

One question i have is are we ever gonna have a EA made football game that Penalize people for sprinting backward 15 yards with their QB, throwing of their back foot across their body accurately 50 yards down field? How bout when they run all the way to the right, throw a screen 20 yards to the left and your defence AI does not adjust?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »