Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #161
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
bump
Please stop bumping this.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #162
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Hey Guys,
been out for a few..I was just curious if anyone read if this was the only official answers to our questions in this thread? Havent seen anything new on the matter, maybe I missed it. Let me know, and thanks!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #163
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Hey Guys,
been out for a few..I was just curious if anyone read if this was the only official answers to our questions in this thread? Havent seen anything new on the matter, maybe I missed it. Let me know, and thanks!
I would like to know as well. I wonder if the mods could help if they know anything about it?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #164
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

here are a few of the issues our ATL Madden Ballers league has found in months and months of gameplay...my question is simple: could we see any of these tweaks to gameplay in Madden 11?

1) Fair Play Rules Online - makes for a much better game with less quitting.

2) Full Rosters - This is the last year we should be forced to play without access to ALL our players.

3) Press Coverage - no defense runs press every down, but gameplay doesn't punish it...let's see more FATIGUE, defensive holding, illegal contact and even pass interference when it's used too excessively.

4) Defensive Commit - Here’s another feature that hasn’t returned, but quite honestly we’d like to this one revamped a little. This was an “after the snap” feature in the past, but the way gameplay is setup shouldn’t this be more of a “pre-snap” feature? Say I just know my opponent is going to pass on third and three, right? I Commit to the pass and presto! We just created a situation where HB Delays aren’t just taking up space in our playbook. Our linemen would get upfield and our linebackers would get caught backpedaling and probably allow the first down if a team was running a draw, delay or screen. Just imagine, this would give users an advantage if they knew what was coming because offenses didn’t vary their gameplans enough. While we’re excited about how play-action and screens are used this year, we’ve always been a proponent of “Don’t fool the CPU…fool ME.” We’ve all groaned in frustration as we watched our DEs and LBs tackle the RB on 3rd and 20 while the QB sits in the pocket unmolested on a play-action fake. Or when a player runs four screens in a row and for some reason our players forget how to defend it on 4th and 10. Let’s make those days a thing of the past. R3 could be used to commit and then the D-pad can offer us choices like run (down) pass (up) misdirection - think screen, delays, draws and reverses (left) and reset to normal (right). Our players should have higher chances of success when we’re RIGHT—and suffer consequences if we guess wrong. Something has to be done to counter guys just getting QBs with high play-action ratings like Manning or Brees and running play-action every down just because it makes our defenses will react badly. giving us more user control in the form of telling our defenses what's "coming" is critical.

5) Individual Coverage Audibles - ummmm....press coverage on josh reed? sure..on T. O? BAD IDEA.

6) Man Lock - Before we go making offenses all super-duper we need to bring this back...a defensive must-have.

7) Receiver Shading - we're gonna have to have SOME way to stop quick slants if we can't play press 24/7. We should have the ability to have our players attempt to take away inside or outside position (with the appropriate consequences if we’re wrong of course)

8) Online Depth Chart - let us save our formation subs here as well.

9) Challenge Spot - let's make this actually WORK next year. i can't see how its any different from challenging a bad call. of course this means bad "spots" will be in the game too

10) Screen Plays - Man-to-Man defenses should be MUCH more effective .vs. the screen...here's another idea: lets see players with high AWR sniff these more often.

11) Excessive Drop Backs - still happens too much. let's end this one once and for all...call holding on 90% of downs when a QB drops back further than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage.

12) Removing Injured Players – While we absolutely love the frequency of updated rosters, it was strange the other night to see a Falcons fan using Harry Douglas after he had been lost for the season with an injury. Why is Stewart Bradley of the Eagles still usable? While we can certainly understand players being able to use their entire roster in Unranked games, Ranked games should feature a roster where players who are on IR are unavailable just as they are in reality.

13. Wildcat – Like most players we were a little nervous about this being implemented, but “It’s In The Game” right? Unfortunately any team can insert their QB and since you have to totally commit to the run to properly stop the wildcat we're left blitzing a starting QB. Few few teams use a QB (Vick and Pat White come to mind) in the Wildcat in reality and even they haven't had alot of success throwing out of it. The Wildcat is imbalanced enough to pose a serious threat to the most important aspect of the game: BALANCE. let's take away the ability for teams to use a QB in this formation until they do it in reality.

14. Eliminate CPU Online Games – Sigh…this one has been a thorn in the side of Madden players for some time. EASY QUESTION: Would I really be online if I wanted to play the CPU? PROBABLY NOT. It “seems” simple and the laughable question is this: How many people can consistently beat the CPU anyway? (chuckle…NOT MANY) So lemme get this straight: we’re left with a situation where the person who quits/disconnects gets a loss for being a quitter and we got a loss for?….not being as good as the CPU? Strange if I do say so myself…I’d like to propose a third option. Why not give us the option to get the win with no rating/leveling points involved. Simply another win on your record. This way we can please everyone…

thanks for listening! we're looking forward to Madden 11!

Last edited by Kushmir; 10-29-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #165
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Hey Guys,
Yes, thats the only official feedback we've gotten so far pertaining to any questions on this thread. The thread was created as a request though so that questions could be collected for a future FAQ/Q&A blog. No word on when/if that will happen though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 4

1) When can we expect some answers to these questions? If Ian could give us an update, that would be great.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #167
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6

Any of chance of getting some functional improvements to Practice Mode for Madden 11?

I've always thought we should be able to pick a certain subset of plays (i.e. outside runs, shotgun passes, plays featuring Randy Moss, etc.) and have random plays dished out for you to practice. As it stands, the only way to have more than one play at a time is to pick "Random Play," and while that's a good start, it would be nice to break it down further to a more concentrated/focused grouping of plays.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #168
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
Here's the quote from Ian:

The fact of the matter is guys I just haven't had the time (or will power) to do the constant community interaction. The negativity was tough to stomach but I'm already used to that. I'm in kind of a new role now at work so it has just been hard to find time. Add to the fact that it really has taken me a long time to kind of de-compress from the amount of work I put in during the cycle.
I heard this while watching a game this past weekend:

"The road to Easy Street goes through the dump." - John Madden

I hope that helps you a bit. Maybe frame it and hang it in your office.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »