Home

HELP WITH FANTASY DRAFT

This is a discussion on HELP WITH FANTASY DRAFT within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HELP WITH FANTASY DRAFT

Has anyone here had a successful or great fantasy team. I have the first overall pick who do i take D or AP? what about linemen? Can anyone help me out thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: HELP WITH FANTASY DRAFT

Here is what I did for an offline fantasy draft. I drafted mainly offensive linemen and defensive guys until Cutler was the best qb remaining (Bears fan here so that is why). You can wait until a pretty late round to take a few decent running backs (McFadden, Felix Jones) and same goes for linebackers. Draft young guys from this years draft because almost all of them have A potentials so for example my receivers looked something like Desean Jackson, J. Maclin, D. Heyward-Bey and P. Harvin. Same goes for Linebackers (James Laurinatis, Rey Magulaga, J. Mayo and B. Cushing). I also drafted for some speed but that wasn't my primary reason. I love fast defensive lineman for a pass rush.

Just run through a few drafts to get a feel for who goes a what round. If this is an online fantasy draft then I am sorry because this won't really help as humans draft completely different than the computers do.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

i always go for a young stud ot with my 1st pick unless asuguma (sp) or p willis is there. 2nd rd i usualy will go for another ol. rnd 4 i always take revis unless i have the one of the first few picks of the 5th. also rnds 15-17 i get harvin, heyward-bey and britt. and rnds 25-27 i get wells, f. jones and d brown. all young and all A pot
Old 10-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

I would personally rather have a later pick then the first one. I normally take Moss with my first pick because he down right dominates nearly every game. With the first, you have the chance for Manning/Brees and both are more tempting then AP(fumble problem hurts more then helps). If you go defense, I would take asughma CB(sp why does he have a crazy name) or Troy at SS. Both will shut down an entire side of the defense and are in their prime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »