Home

5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen

This is a discussion on 5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: 5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Just completed my 5th year with the Bengals in my franchise, and called it a night at the start of the preseason.

This is the first year since Madden 08 for original XBOX that I just love my franchise.

Trading, drafting, cap hits, all that. I just love it. The main part I love is actually being able to hit on some mid-late round picks. I had a safety that I drafted in the 7th round come in as an 81.

And to those who say it's not realistic, Chris Horton anyone?

All in all, this is the best Madden out in recent memory.
Hasn't he been benched now for Reed Doughty?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
I like the new draft classes and I like being able to get good players in later rounds, I think it may be a bit too easy.

I got to a point where, even though my team's OVR was only 92, it felt like I was playing against college teams. However, in defense of the game, the salary cap came down on me like a s.o.b and my team went from 20 mill under to about 32 mill over the next year .
Dude, if it's too easy. Max the CPU Sliders and decrease yours. There are ways to make the game as challenging as you want it.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree to an extent, the steals/busts in the draft is great and you can get in bad cap situations easily. More interaction with players during the off-season and why they are signing elsewhere would be nice.

There's not much to do besides scouting and playing games during the season though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

love that you are enjoying the game 5 seasons in, that is not been a common statement as of late.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilonv1
I agree to an extent, the steals/busts in the draft is great and you can get in bad cap situations easily. More interaction with players during the off-season and why they are signing elsewhere would be nice.

There's not much to do besides scouting and playing games during the season though.
This is really my only beef with Madden 10 . The franchise mode just isn't deep enough. Preseason means nothing, because there aren't any extended rosters, ; there are no negotiations during the season, you can't create your own playbooks ; assistant coaches are purely cosmetic, and there's no threat of getting fired.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

What are some of the best players that made it to free agency in your franchsie?

Also how many players are still with your team that were there when you started your franchsie?

just curious
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
cool.

So whats probably the biggest FA signing you've done? Whats the one FA signing, not your team, that made you say Holy Cow!?

Are my Raiders any good yet?

Sorry, just fun to see the different scenerios that happen throughout a persons franchise mode when they've played multiple seasons.
I haven't really built through FA at all...so I would have to say maybe Ellis Hobbs back in year 2, or Jarvis Moss last year (changed to LE, 84 ovr and had 10 sacks).

There are two main FA signing on other teams that made me say wow though. Wes Welker going to the Cowboys in year 2 or 3 I cant remember, and LT going to the Packers in 2 or 3 as well. LT is 1300 yards and 9 TD's away from Emmitt's records, and is 90 ovr.

Also worth noting is Moss has broken Rice's TD record, and is 2nd in every other major receiving category.

Raiders made a playoff push one year. They got Taylor Mays which made their secondary amazing. However, Russell did nothing at the QB position. This is their first year w/o him after drafting a rookie in the 1st round last year who put up good numbers so maybe they'll get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #16
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

i'm with you. i have been doing a franchise where i control all 32 teams and just play different games each week that interest me. first year in a long, long time i have been having a blast with dynasty.

PSN: FREExBEER

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »