Home

The Run Game!!!

This is a discussion on The Run Game!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: The Run Game!!!\

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Oh I see it way too often. I imagine that's what the CPU is saying when it does it LOL.

Having to just about jog through the hole because if I hit it hard and at full speed - the LB (or DT) will somehow just get "let go" and make the tackle.

At least if I up run blocking, it makes real, actual lanes and I might actually can hit them hard instead of feeling like I have to tiptoe through like I'm a ninja and not a HB.

Wow.

Sometimes I see that "sitting out" you mention on pass blocking, but never on a PAT. That had to suck.
The run game definitely does not mimic the "slow to, fast through" ideal on backs in real life. It has the slow to right, but if you try to go fast through then DL will warp off of their blocks and suction tackle you. WEAK.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #50
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Run Game!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Good post OP... i agree, the running game is ACE in M10, i love it..as its fun and it feels like i EARNED my yards. I still feel they should let us use tapping of the button for speed burst and break tackles..that just feels so good like it was in 2k5 but regardless im enjoying M10's running game. THe passing game is good..but could be better but to be fair..its a definate improvment over last years dodgy M9.

I totally agree with your tips..i've basically been doing that since day1.

I will say this..M10 needs slider tweaking to get the game feeling and playing right but im not complaining..its such a huge improvement over last years M9 that im content with what i have here in M10 until next years game
Thanks dude...Well I tell you before joining OS I never new there was so many people that appreciated and like the run game!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The run game definitely does not mimic the "slow to, fast through" ideal on backs in real life. It has the slow to right, but if you try to go fast through then DL will warp off of their blocks and suction tackle you. WEAK.
Good observation. I wondered why what appeared right to me, didnt work. I always lay off the turbo to set up a crease then explode through it... like I did in real football, and how I do it in APF.

It's weird... if you turbo through a hole you'll often get pulled down by an arm tackle. It is better to just run regular through it and use moves to break arm tackles for guaranteed yards. Somewhat counterintuitive.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #52
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Good observation. I wondered why what appeared right to me, didnt work. I always lay off the turbo to set up a crease then explode through it... like I did in real football, and how I do it in APF.

It's weird... if you turbo through a hole you'll often get pulled down by an arm tackle. It is better to just run regular through it and use moves to break arm tackles for guaranteed yards. Somewhat counterintuitive.
Your bang on there!!!

For me thats where awareness helps, you get backs that have no awareness and just charge the hole and get 0 yards coz there is no hole, thats what happens most of the time in madden.

Look at power backs like the great Emmitt Smith, and A.P they have great awareness to add to their power, if the lane closes they jump to the outside and not just charge all the time, Emmitt Smith was so hard to bring down in his heyday, I recommend to people to watch some A.P runs on youtube, he is so shifty and clever, all down to his awareness!!!

So as a player playing madden its only fair to actually play the game like it is in real life. Awareness is key and always think ahead at what you may need to do if the lane isn't there!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »