Home

Clevelan Browns.....

This is a discussion on Clevelan Browns..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Clevelan Browns.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrehs
I'm posting it here 'coz I want to hear advices and comments from you guys. May it be negative or positive. Just don't say it's a phony. Blame EA for creating so many holes in it.

**If EA really put effort in the AI. AI should reject the offer lower than what they deserve, even if you change their position/s. Even better, AI should reject offers that would change their position/s, example: HB to a K. Would he really want to do that?? If I were the HB, I'd rather be traded to the other team. I hope you understand what I'm saying.**
I blame you for taking advantage of the poor AI. If you want to have a legit sim franchise mode then don't take advantage of that crap.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

You talk as if you're not doing it. Hypocrites these days. If ever I want a legit sim or TRUE NFL game, I guess I'll be pleading to 2K Sports not to EA Sports.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Actually, you shouldn't care if we take you seriously. The only thing you should care about is whether or not you will be able to keep interest in your own Franchise.

In my experiences, you are much better off making sure that you keep your team as realistic as possible.

Unfortunately, it is really hard to lose a game against the CPU (no matter the sliders). So, plan on going 13-3 or 12-4 with the Browns unless you force yourself to lose.
I understand its about personal enjoyment with the game, but the OP is asking for advice in light of this, what most might call "francheese".

Position changing to get ultra low contracts on star players, signing guys to trade them....what kinda advice does one need. Im at work, but I doubt you can go sign the worst FA DE for 7 years under 6Mill. Yet this guy has Dumervil at less than that.

Essentially you can work around the games exploits and have a Pro Bowl roster at about 1/3rd the salary cap each NFL team is working with right now.

Ive often wondered why you could trade a FA right after signing him to start with, or why team chemistry is non existent. It would prevent things like this from occurring. Maybe even a FA code that instantly makes them unappealing in a trade. They are FA's for a reason, no team wants them. So again, using an exploit then coming here for advice. I don't get that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Ive often wondered why you could trade a FA right after signing him to start with, or why team chemistry is non existent. It would prevent things like this from occurring.

Hell Yeah. I never thought about team chemistry.

EA should consider the idea dude.
It's one of the least things they could get it right.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did you remember to fire Mr. Mangenius?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrehs
I'm posting it here 'coz I want to hear advices and comments from you guys. May it be negative or positive. Just don't say it's a phony. Blame EA for creating so many holes in it.

**If EA really put effort in the AI. AI should reject the offer lower than what they deserve, even if you change their position/s. Even better, AI should reject offers that would change their position/s, example: HB to a K. Would he really want to do that?? If I were the HB, I'd rather be traded to the other team. I hope you understand what I'm saying.**
Capitalizing on exploits is not exactly on the up and up. Signing and trading guys you had no intent to use is cheap in my opinion, I would not do it. But its your franchise so do whatever you please.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

I used the Browns for 4 seasons and it was a great franchise. I tried to keep a good nucleus of guys and build using the draft. I went after free agents, but to many times I did not give in to there demands (I was definitely not Dan Snyder).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aso21Raiders
I blame you for taking advantage of the poor AI. If you want to have a legit sim franchise mode then don't take advantage of that crap.
This...

I don't pick up any FA's unless I have an injury. Then I will pick someone up who is rated lower than the guy injured. In the NFL, how many times has someone upgraded due to injury?

Also, I would certainty never sign a FA just to trade him that is as cheesy as it gets, IMO. If I do decide to trade I will put a player on the trading block and take what's offered to me or try making a realistic trade for someone who is already on the trading block.

But, that's just me.... The game is yours so play how you want..
Just don't kid yourself about not being a cheese head

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »