Home

Does Rain Have Too Much Effect on FGs?

This is a discussion on Does Rain Have Too Much Effect on FGs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Does Rain Have Too Much Effect on FGs?

I haven't experienced this until today: I'm at the opponent's 25 yd. line and it's 4th down. Madden suggests I punt, which I obviously think is ridiculous--it's only a 42 yd. FG.

I tried the FG and came up way short. Of course the game is in the rain and I figured that's why I couldn't kick it, even though my kicker has a 79 KPW.

Anyway, I think an NFL kicker should be able to kick a 42 yd. FG in the rain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Does Rain Have Too Much Effect on FGs?

A little bit, but it definitely depends on the OVR of your kicker.

I have a 62 rated kicker with the leg to kick 47 yards or so in the rain, but he can miss from 33 even when I hit it flush, and my hunch is it's related to his OVR ability. I have a buddy who has a much higher OVR kicker and he can make 45 yarders in the rain.

I think it's just a tiny bit overdone, but not much. I really like that they made weather affect the entire game plan the way it does. It really puts a premium on having that elite kicker.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd bump up FG Power to 75 and lower ACC.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The OVR doesn't affect their ability to kick in the rain. I had a high 90 player OVR, want to say he was 99 by season 3 (Nick Folk), but can't remember exactly. He would miss 30 yard field goals in the rain that were hit dead on. This is one of the things I dislike about Madden, they throw in unrealistic misses like this instead of simply making it harder to kick the FG or throwing in slip animations or bad hike animations. The idea is right, but the implementation is off.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I experienced this in my last playoff game. It was in the rain vs Green Bay who has Mason Crosby. I noticed the lack of length especially on kick-offs. My guess is that they feel like the kickers can't plant well enough in slick conditions. However, Qwest has Field Turf, so I wouldn't think the kicks would be so short. I didn't watch a replay to get an exact yard line, but the difference was significant (like perhaps kicks coming down at the 10 yard line).

Field Goals of any length at all were impossible, BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »