Home

Madden in game ads

This is a discussion on Madden in game ads within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Madden in game ads

Manny Anekal, Global Dir, In-Game Ad Ops, Electronic Arts (EA) talks about opportunities for advertisers and brands to reach consumers through the games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOGchodIrJc ...wow "3D object repleasement...drop in a car into the game" its going to get worse ppl... @3:35 when has madden ever given back to the gamers

Last edited by uncle ruckus1; 07-21-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden in game ads

I don't know that this needs its' own thread, but I don't mind the in-game ads. I can see how some people would be annoyed by them, but they really don't bother me. I actually hope they have a decent variety of ads.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

@5:08 "I think madden 09 is is fantastic game" lol

I can see it now, Madden 11 or 12 with "True Broadcast Experience" with in game commercials. Oh, and no, you can't button through them either.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

I'm cool with the ads, but seriously... WHAT IN THE F is 'Be a CHOMPian'??? Who writes this crap?

Snickers should be ashamed. Puns in advertising are the worst.

I don't mind the ad being in there, but not even the *Great Tom Hammond can pull off crappy writing like that.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

They dont really bother me, in some instances it makes the game more realistic.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

You guys say they don't bother you? Yeah, they usually don't bother me either. But check out the below video.........now, it wouldn't be so bad if the ads were down in the ticker, but noooo they have to pop up into the field of play.............on every play...

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...nse_72109.html
Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
I'm cool with the ads, but seriously... WHAT IN THE F is 'Be a CHOMPian'??? Who writes this crap?

Snickers should be ashamed. Puns in advertising are the worst.

I don't mind the ad being in there, but not even the *Great Tom Hammond can pull off crappy writing like that.

I mentioned the lameness of that to Ian. I can't say what he said about it however... but the way lines are poorly written in this game, it's hard to figure whether it was Snickers who pushed for those lame lines or the writers actually believing they were clever. It's gotten just that bad to where you can't even tell who's to blame, lol.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: Madden in game ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
They dont really bother me, in some instances it makes the game more realistic.
Well they should have the same in game ads that the real NFL games do. I want to see coors light, that toyota tundra etc.

But don't they make enough money from just selling the game as is without the need of advertising revenue? And then what if it's a glitchy and poorly made game like they did in Madden 09. I'm feeling a bit scammed here don't you think?

If a $60 video game is going to have ads, it better be well worth it or we should at least see a discount.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »