Home

Ian Cummings interview in GameInformer Magazine (November)

This is a discussion on Ian Cummings interview in GameInformer Magazine (November) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Ian Cummings interview in GameInformer Magazine (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Let's see, since I owned 08 and 09 till the next years release date, I think I'm qualified to feel that 10 is headed in the right direction. I've had games play out similar to the NFL games on Madden 10. Packers vs Vikings, Vikings won by 6 after the Packers were down by 13 with 6 minutes to go. Sound familiar? I could tell the difference between AP vs Brandon Jackson.(Grant is out for several weeks) Favre was pinpoint accurate hitting 14 of 18 for 2 TD's. Sound familiar? Also, the week before that, the Bengals beat the Packers by 7 pts and Benson tore up the Packers and so did Palmer. I could tell the difference between Benson and Jackson as well. I couldn't do that last year. All the RB's performed similar and so did the QB's. To me, the stars do stand out.

Also, I do enjoy some of the presentation upgrades vs 09. It's not as boring to play as it was in the past.

I bought the game knowing upfront that franchise wasn't going to be overhauled. Josh's first blog said that franchise mode would be tweaked this year and not overhauled. He even made a reference that said don't expect everything from HC be ported into Madden. So, seeing franchise mode with a few tweaks didn't surprise me, but must have taken you by surprise.
Is franchise going to be overhauled this year do you thing? Maybe in the way of Headcoach-esque?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Is franchise going to be overhauled this year do you thing? Maybe in the way of Headcoach-esque?
I have a tendency to believe it will be because it was only tweaked for this year. We'll know more between February(SB time) and May of 2010.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #67
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Yes, their athletic skill is important, but we have seen many very good athletes amount to not much in the NFL, then we have seen average athletic players be great players. Stats do not lie, they are a great marker for determining players value.
We've also seen guys put up big number one year and disappear the next..
Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

I could have sworn that that the vikings horn, lions roar, panthers growl, etc. was in Madden 08 and 09.. I think 07 had it too. Why was it taken out in Madden 10? I hope that this is not introduced as a "new feature" in Madden 11 if it's not fixed in any of the future updates.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #69
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQVikesFan
I could have sworn that that the vikings horn, lions roar, panthers growl, etc. was in Madden 08 and 09.. I think 07 had it too. Why was it taken out in Madden 10? I hope that this is not introduced as a "new feature" in Madden 11 if it's not fixed in any of the future updates.
On last gen. I've never on current gen..
Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I've had Linebackers lead my team in picks before. I've seen them make fading away, one-handed miracle picks. That's a problem.

But yeah, that interview felt like Ian was sent to the Principle's office.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #71
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Get used to these type of thread being closed.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »