Home

I'm tired of people ruining threads

This is a discussion on I'm tired of people ruining threads within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I'm tired of people ruining threads

I come to this board everyday to either reply to people's relevent questions or to post some of my own. There are many out there that do the same. I have been noticing a trend with the same 10-20 that ruin pretty productive threads by either griping about a game that the original poster enjoys or just totally going off topic and then it snowballs from there.

Jackdog and other mods have had to put in so many more man-hours (woman-hours just in case there are some female mods) to closing down perfectly good threads because 1 or 2 people can't keep their madden gripes to the gripe forum.

This forum can't grow as a community if the people with questions or ideas can't ask or express them without fear of the thread closing due to these "gripers".

We all know that there are many of you that don't like the game and thats your right to not like it, but don't ruin the OS Forum experience for the ones that like the game and want to get better.

I would be surprised if this thread eventually gets locked and I apologize to the mods in advance for this.

But there are two sticky threads that should get the most posts...."Little Things" and "Gripes". If you like the game and you see or experience that makes it more enjoyable to you and you wanna share then post it in the "Little Things". If you just want to complain how this game is not playable for you or that one of the features is broken or not there, then post in "Gripes". Leave the rest of the forum for the ones that wanna help out the community or have a pressing question about the game itself.

Thank you for listening and I hope what I've said here makes people think before hitting the reply button....

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

Last edited by JaymeeAwesome; 10-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Re: I'm tired of people ruining threads

There are a lot of things in the world that bug we as well, but I don't start threads about them.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

There are a lot of things in the world that bug me as well, and this I definitely something that should be noted.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

and also to the gripers (and maybe non-gripers) that come on here and mention that they are giving contructive critisism.....There is a Madden 11 wishlist forum for things to work on for this year and there have been a few threads by EA on here that was asking for input for patches....that's where your constructive critisism goes....

Last edited by JaymeeAwesome; 10-25-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Someone's getting power hungry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

you shouldnt even be bringing up this topic thread, you right now are ruining a thread. This will probaly be locked pretty soon.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

I have no power to get hungry over. It's just that I enjoy that Operation Sports gives us a free outlet to discuss video games but they also have organized different sections to discuss about different topics. I would like to see this board grow, but if I was a newbie posting a question about the game or possibly a new way to play the run game or pass game that would help others and after about 12-20 posted replies the topic gets locked by someone not staying on topic I would not be encouraged to come back and post again. Plus maybe that one post could help other members but will be buried in the long list of topics because there would be no new replies because of getting locked.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 31

bore 2******** language=javascript>AC_FL_RunContent = 0;******** type=text/javascript>var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "15", "", "6");interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsp.ask.com%2Fdictstatic%2Fdi ctionary%2Faudio%2Fahd4%2FB%2FB0402100.mp3&clkLogProxyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.c om%2Fwhatzup.html&t=a&d=d&s=di&c=a&ti=1&ai=51359&l=dir&o=0&sv=00000000&ip=1824d511&u=audio"); interfaceflash.addParam('wmode','transparent');int erfaceflash.write();27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000 width=17 align=textTop height=15 http: fpdownload.macromedia.com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash.cab#version='6,0,0,0"'>

(bôr, bōr)
tr.v. bored, bor·ing, bores
To make weary by being dull, repetitive, or tedious: The movie bored us.
n. One that is wearingly dull, repetitive, or tedious.

board

 ******** language=javascript>AC_FL_RunContent = 0;******** type=text/javascript>var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "15", "", "6");interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsp.ask.com%2Fdictstatic%2Fdi ctionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FB04%2FB0442000.mp3&clkLogProxyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.c om%2Fwhatzup.html&t=a&d=d&s=di&c=a&ti=1&ai=51359&l=dir&o=0&sv=00000000&ip=1824d511&u=audio"); interfaceflash.addParam('wmode','transparent');int erfaceflash.write();27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000 width=17 align=textTop height=15 http: fpdownload.macromedia.com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash.cab#version='6,0,0,0"'>

 /bɔrd, boʊrd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bawrd, bohrd] Show IPA
Use board in a Sentence

See web results for board

See images of board

–noun
1.a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness.
2.a flat slab of wood or other material for some specific purpose: a cutting board.
3.a sheet of wood, cardboard, paper, etc., with or without markings, for some special use, as a checkerboard or chessboard.
4.boards,
a.Theater. the stage: The play will go on the boards next week.
b.the wooden fence surrounding the playing area of an ice-hockey rink.
c.a racing course made of wood, used esp. in track meets held indoors: his first time running on boards.
5.Bookbinding. stiff cardboard or other material covered with paper, cloth, or the like to form the covers for a book.
6.Building Trades. composition material made in large sheets, as plasterboard or corkboard.
7.a table, esp. to serve food on.
8.daily meals, esp. as provided for pay: twenty dollars a day for room and board.
9.an official group of persons who direct or supervise some activity: a board of directors.
10.Nautical.
a.the side of a ship.
b.one leg, or tack, of the course of a ship beating to windward.
11.Railroads. a fixed signal or permanent sign regulating traffic.
12.a flat surface, as a wall or an object of rectangular shape, on which something is posted, as notices or stock-market quotations: a bulletin board.
13.surfboard.
14.Computers.
a.Also called card, circuit board. a piece of fiberglass or other material upon which chips can be mounted to perform specific functions.
b.plugboard (def. 2).
15.Electronics. circuit board (def. 2).
16.a switchboard.
17.Australian.
a.the area of a woolshed where shearing is done.
b.a crew of shearers working in a particular woolshed.
c.sheep about to be sheared.
18.Obsolete. the edge, border, or side of anything.

–verb (used with object)
19.to cover or close with boards (often fol. by up or over): to board up a house; to board over a well.
20.to furnish with meals, or with meals and lodging, esp. for pay: They boarded him for $50 a week.
21.to go on board of or enter (a ship, train, etc.).
22.to allow on board: We will be boarding passengers in approximately ten minutes.
23.to come up alongside (a ship), as to attack or to go on board: The pirate ship boarded the clipper.
24.Obsolete. to approach; accost.

–verb (used without object)
25.to take one's meals, or be supplied with food and lodging at a fixed price: Several of us board at the same rooming house.
26.Ice Hockey. to hit an opposing player with a board check.

—Idioms
27.across the board,
a.Racing. betting on a horse or dog to finish first, second, or third, so that any result where a selection wins, places, or shows enables the bettor to collect.
b.applying to or affecting every person, class, group, etc.
28.go by the board,
a.to go over the ship's side.
b.to be destroyed, neglected, or forgotten: All his devoted labor went by the board.
29.on board,
a.on or in a ship, plane, or other vehicle: There were several movie stars on board traveling incognito.
b.Baseball. on base: There were two men on board as the next batter came up.
c.present and functioning as a member of a team or organization.
Also, aboard.
30.on the boards, in the theatrical profession: The family has been on the boards since grandfather's time.
31.tread the boards. tread (def. 22).

Origin:
bef. 900; ME, OE bord board, table, shield; c. D boord board, bord plate, G Bort, ON borth, Goth -baurd

Related forms:
board⋅a⋅ble, adjective
boardlike, adjective

While we are on things that bug us!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »