Home

How Does Kicking Work in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on How Does Kicking Work in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Question How Does Kicking Work in Madden 10?

Been playing quite a few games now for a couple of days, and I have to admit, I'm a little confused regarding the kicking game. I have had several kicks now, where I did not move the aim, hit the kick with full power, and nigh on dead center accuracy, only to have it only go like 20 yards for unknown reasons.

Can someone explain to me what's going on? I'm playing on All Pro difficulty with default sliders, and I'm kicking with Nick Folk on the Cowboys. I've hit in the high 40's and then miss low 30s because the kick is short... even though I had full power / dead center accuracy on the kick.

Can someone please explain the failed kicks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How Does Kicking Work in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Been playing quite a few games now for a couple of days, and I have to admit, I'm a little confused regarding the kicking game. I have had several kicks now, where I did not move the aim, hit the kick with full power, and nigh on dead center accuracy, only to have it only go like 20 yards for unknown reasons.

Can someone explain to me what's going on? I'm playing on All Pro difficulty with default sliders, and I'm kicking with Nick Folk on the Cowboys. I've hit in the high 40's and then miss low 30s because the kick is short... even though I had full power / dead center accuracy on the kick.

Can someone please explain the failed kicks?
I've had this happen too, but mostly in cold or wet games. I don't exactly get what causes a good kick or a bad kick, as I've literally drilled it and missed from 45 short multiple times.

I think it's my kicker on MIA, though, 'cause this never happened with Janikowski.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Two were in Green Bay in cold weather, but the other was in Tampa Bay in clear weather. I think EA is trying to throw randomness / player differences in the wrong way. Instead of making it hard to control the players, thus affecting their accuracy / effectiveness, they appear to be just throwing in random misses / accuracy issues.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Two were in Green Bay in cold weather, but the other was in Tampa Bay in clear weather. I think EA is trying to throw randomness / player differences in the wrong way. Instead of making it hard to control the players, thus affecting their accuracy / effectiveness, they appear to be just throwing in random misses / accuracy issues.
Yea, cause for most part kicking's too easy..
Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Bingo!! That is the name of the game. People been crying to EA for years to improve the kicking game to make it harder because it has been to easy for years. Now that it is more random and harder espically in cold wheather. Now people are mad that it is to hard. don't understand people sometime. I think what they did with the kicking game this year is good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Bingo!! That is the name of the game. People been crying to EA for years to improve the kicking game to make it harder because it has been to easy for years. Now that it is more random and harder espically in cold wheather. Now people are mad that it is to hard. don't understand people sometime. I think what they did with the kicking game this year is good.
Just a random miss doesn't make any sense though. That's not the way to fix the problem. I missed kicks in APF2K8 all the time. Why? Because some kickers don't have as good accuracy or as good of a leg, or because my kick was off target. Not because the game decided to give me a bad kick when I hit perfect power / accuracy.

I have no problem with missing kicks, but it should be when I make a mistake, not when the AI wants to throw one in.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Its sad when the Kicker's OVR rating doesn't matter as well.

I drafted a 35 OVR Kicker with 99 KPW and 72 KAC.

He is 20/23 and leading the NFL for K of the Year.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I never miss with Nick Folk on normal kicks, the only time I have noticed a difference was kicking a 53 yarder, it bounced off the cross bar and this was in cold weather...and of course in green bay last night it was 18mph winds and the ball sailed left. I don't notice anything else tho, I always make the kicks I should unless I accidentally aim it wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »