Home

How do you stop screens?

This is a discussion on How do you stop screens? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1
How do you stop screens?

I can not stop bubble screens or RB screens. Is there a way to stop them without completely selling out, or is it a glitch? I hate playing people who get 50% of their offensive production via the screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: How do you stop screens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
I can not stop bubble screens or RB screens. Is there a way to stop them without completely selling out, or is it a glitch? I hate playing people who get 50% of their offensive production via the screen.
Pick a team with either an absolute beast line backer, 49ers or a beast safety, ravens and try to jump the screen.

If you have a clown who refuses to run any other play than screens *saints users cough cough* you have to piss the guy off by shutting the screen game down and make him make mistakes using a normal offensive set.

Good luck

Last edited by kingkilla56; 10-27-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spell check please
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Rookie

xRobertitox's Arena

OVR: 4

I was playing the Vikings the other day online and someone kept doing screen passes to AP whenever I'd stop them on any other play so I started calling an audible into Cover 3 and I'd almost always hit him for a loss. I even made him fumble once.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

the best way to shut down all screen plays is to call man coverage bump n run then put you de's in contain blitz. works 100% of the time. also man coverage de contain works on wildcat too the key is not to blitz and don't shift your line or linebackers this also works pretty good on run plays. let me know how you like it.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Shouldn't adaptive AI on defense help with this? I have also been victimized by this crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Shouldn't adaptive AI on defense help with this? I have also been victimized by this crap.
adaptive AI only works when you play the computer. It responds to you calling the same plays. Hopefuly next year they put adaptive AI in next year to prevent people from calling the same plays over and over again but i doubt it.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckaLuk
the best way to shut down all screen plays is to call man coverage bump n run then put you de's in contain blitz. works 100% of the time. also man coverage de contain works on wildcat too the key is not to blitz and don't shift your line or linebackers this also works pretty good on run plays. let me know how you like it.
Man coverage works against a screen play? That doesn't even make sense. This game must be messed up because a zone is what stops a screen in reality.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1
Most NFL teams use the screen to get team out of zone and into man, actually.

The QB contain works pretty good. It doesn't stop the screen every time, because you never know where the screen is coming. But it is worth using this feature on every 3rd and long; or whenever your opponent goes to the screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »