Home

Spoke with Sony PS3 Customer Service

This is a discussion on Spoke with Sony PS3 Customer Service within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Spoke with Sony PS3 Customer Service

In another thread i explained i was having problems with my PS3 not reading the Madden Disc. One reply was that my blueray lens might be starting to go. So I tried all my PS3 games, 12 dvd movies, and 4 bluray movies, and they all worked. Next step was to contact Sony. When i started to tell him what the problem was, he asked if the game i was having a problem loading was Madden 2010. I said yes, and he stated Sony has been contacted constantly with this same issue. He suggested sending the disc back to EA, which of course i will do. He also stated that if the lens was the cause of the problem, i would be experiencing that same problem with other disc's, especially the bluray movies. He did say to monitor the system for other failures, then recontact them, if i experience the same problem with other disc's. So if your having the same issue, dont automatically assume your PS3 is malfunctioning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Spoke with Sony PS3 Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
In another thread i explained i was having problems with my PS3 not reading the Madden Disc. One reply was that my blueray lens might be starting to go. So I tried all my PS3 games, 12 dvd movies, and 4 bluray movies, and they all worked. Next step was to contact Sony. When i started to tell him what the problem was, he asked if the game i was having a problem loading was Madden 2010. I said yes, and he stated Sony has been contacted constantly with this same issue. He suggested sending the disc back to EA, which of course i will do. He also stated that if the lens was the cause of the problem, i would be experiencing that same problem with other disc's, especially the bluray movies. He did say to monitor the system for other failures, then recontact them, if i experience the same problem with other disc's. So if your having the same issue, dont automatically assume your PS3 is malfunctioning.
Wow! Thanks for the headsup bro.

I hope EA can do something about that asap. Let us know what EA's solution is.
Patch 2 isn't out yet, so don't be too frustrated. I know I would be though
Sorry for you.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
Banned

Im not trying to bad mouth EA. But i wasnt sure if read elsewhere in this forum that gamers were having disc load, or read problems. Im just trying to get gamers to avoid thinking that its automatically a system problem. If it is my system screwing up, then i will clarify that on this forum. I dont believe its a patch issue, just probably a random disc here or there going bad, which im sure happens with all other games.

Last edited by cpdfrank; 10-28-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Banned

My curiosity got the best of me, so I took a ride to my buddies house to try the disc in his PS3. It didn't work there either, so I guess that shoots down the brilliant it's your blu-ray lens going assumption. I don't quite understand how this happens, especially since the disc is in mint condition, but then again I have no knowledge in this area.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Like my car it was probably made on a Friday...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Strategy

OVR: 36

Have you contacted EA, are they going to replace your disc?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
My curiosity got the best of me, so I took a ride to my buddies house to try the disc in his PS3. It didn't work there either, so I guess that shoots down the brilliant it's your blu-ray lens going assumption. I don't quite understand how this happens, especially since the disc is in mint condition, but then again I have no knowledge in this area.
Yeah its gotta be the disc. Did you find out anything from EA yet?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
Banned

The disc is still under the 90 day warranty, so I mailed it to EA, like the manual says to do, along with an explanation, and everything I did to ensure that it wasn't my PS3, including resetting all the factory default settings, like the Sony Rep instructed me to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »