Home

Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

This is a discussion on Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

canes, I haven't been following the skins ratings too closely, but the mess in Washington probably warrants more of a drop than the 2 game slide that the Giants are on.

The point I made about missing players with the Giants is, if you were to calculate an overall rating on the defense with all those guys in there and then calculate the rating with the players missing then it would explain the drop in overall defensive performance vs 2 outstanding offenses, thus no need to decrease the ratings of the remaining healthy players. The current ratings paint an accurate picture.

Now I don't really know how the skins are rated now, but i did start my offline franchise with the default rosters when the game shipped and I know that their defense was nasty right out of the gate. In real life the skins are giving up yards and points to a bunch of winless teams (or teams that have only beaten the skins). This would suggest a case where the ratings do not reflect reality and need to be adjusted.

I do agree with your statement regarding not punishing the healthy players on offense because of the missing OL. But looking at the changes in THIS update it looks like the increases and decreases balance out well on offense. And the defense actually saw some nice boosts (Carter and Hall).
Old 10-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfc redheat
For the last two weeks the giants have had trouble in getting to the QB..shouldnt their pass rush skills go down some across the DL? or the cardinals pass blocking skills go up some....?
One comment I'll make here regarding the Giants pass rush is that the D-Line has played very well, but they are getting no help from the back 7. If we measured pass rush performance in average time taken to reach the QB instead of things that show up in the box score like sacks, this would be clear.

The past 2 games Brees and Warner have completely exposed the lack of athleticism in the back 7 for the Giants with players like CC Brown and Chase Blackburn dropping in coverage. Both QBs were able to hit their guys very quickly after the snap because there were wide open holes in the zone coverage.

I watched the Sunday night game from the 1st row of the stadium behind the Arizona bench. I don't know if it was as apparent from the TV angles but CC Brown was playing his zones about 5-10 yards too deep and Warner was feasting on that opening right in front of him. Kiwanuka was actually making a mockery of a lot of your O-line but it was to no avail because Warner was just getting rid of the ball too quickly.

One additional side note, and I'm sure this didn't make the TV broadcast. In the 2nd qtr Rackers tossed one of the practice kicking balls up to a little boy who was probably about 8-10 years old sitting a few seats down from me. That was definitely a cool gesture on his part, and everyone in my section let him know that he was alright in our book.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Good points...I guess Im wondering if they make adj to ratings yet they dont affect the overall rating will they post that in the updates....?

For the last two weeks the giants have had trouble in getting to the QB..shouldnt their pass rush skills go down some across the DL? or the cardinals pass blocking skills go up some....? Beanie wells stiff arm go up 1.....

Im happy that they update this stuff but it just seems like it is too much for one person to do especially if he is not a fan of that team.. Im sure they could find 32 people that would offer their input for free....

so one player stiff arms another player and there should be an increase...give me a break

You also have to take into consideration that the giants are playing with 4 starters out on defense.

the cardinals did not have 4 starters missing and Hightower fumbled and Wells also fumbled but the ball fell out of bounds.

so should his carry be dropped...you dont mention that

I would not get to giddy about beating the giants who are missing 4 starters on defense.

and Eli had the ball in his hands the last drive to tie the game

If the Cards were any great they should have won the game easily but could not and warner was harrased all night but sacks do not equate to pressure which the giants showed

stats the giants were better...only stat that the cards had was the score and they earned it but they beat a beat up giants team missing 4 starters on defense alone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Eh this isnt a giants vs cards thread. But yes those stiff arms were some of the best seen this year and like collingsworthless said he bench pressed your guys...

And yes the cardinals did have starters out on D too in those last drives...

Without your fluke td catch you scored 10 pts....

But like I said this isnt a thread about how the cardinals dismantled the giants on national tv.....
Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Eh this isnt a giants vs cards thread. But yes those stiff arms were some of the best seen this year and like collingsworthless said he bench pressed your guys...

And yes the cardinals did have starters out on D too in those last drives...

Without your fluke td catch you scored 10 pts....

But like I said this isnt a thread about how the cardinals dismantled the giants on national tv.....

Yea because having guys out during a series is the same as for the whole game

and dismantle? lol...ok

But Wells should not get a ratings boost for a stiff arm when he also fumbled but got lucky that the ball went out of bounds.

I have no issues with EA not giving an average cards team no ratings based on a fan thinking they should because he stiff armed a player or 2 but fumbled

Perhaps if the Cards can do more then a stiff arm for a back up running back with fumble issues then you can talk

for now....is the Cards for crying out loud
Old 10-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
canes, I haven't been following the skins ratings too closely, but the mess in Washington probably warrants more of a drop than the 2 game slide that the Giants are on.

The point I made about missing players with the Giants is, if you were to calculate an overall rating on the defense with all those guys in there and then calculate the rating with the players missing then it would explain the drop in overall defensive performance vs 2 outstanding offenses, thus no need to decrease the ratings of the remaining healthy players. The current ratings paint an accurate picture.

Now I don't really know how the skins are rated now, but i did start my offline franchise with the default rosters when the game shipped and I know that their defense was nasty right out of the gate. In real life the skins are giving up yards and points to a bunch of winless teams (or teams that have only beaten the skins). This would suggest a case where the ratings do not reflect reality and need to be adjusted.

I do agree with your statement regarding not punishing the healthy players on offense because of the missing OL. But looking at the changes in THIS update it looks like the increases and decreases balance out well on offense. And the defense actually saw some nice boosts (Carter and Hall).
Forget Philips and Canty, if the Giants had Boley for the Saints game they would have won. The main matchup in that game was the Giants LBs vs the Saints playmakers. Antonio Pierce is a great MLB but he is slow and out of shape (Example: The Brian Westbrook TD in the 2nd Eagles vs Giants matchup last year).

Same type of situation with Danny Clark, Clark has been in the league for years (10, that is a lot for any NFL player). Besides Boley the Giants dont have any athletic LBs to keep up with feature backs and all other skills players. Clint Sintim is pretty athletic but he hasnt seen much time since he is a rookie.

Right at this moment I am content with what the Giants have done without Canty, Phillips and Boley. Once Boley and Canty return the G-Men should be fine.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

no Bucs fan i think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #16
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxhammerguy
no Bucs fan i think

He definitely isn't a Bucs fan for proof check this out
Dante Wesley - Operation Sports Forums

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »