Home

Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

This is a discussion on Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Forget Philips and Canty, if the Giants had Boley for the Saints game they would have won. The main matchup in that game was the Giants LBs vs the Saints playmakers. Antonio Pierce is a great MLB but he is slow and out of shape (Example: The Brian Westbrook TD in the 2nd Eagles vs Giants matchup last year).

Same type of situation with Danny Clark, Clark has been in the league for years (10, that is a lot for any NFL player). Besides Boley the Giants dont have any athletic LBs to keep up with feature backs and all other skills players. Clint Sintim is pretty athletic but he hasnt seen much time since he is a rookie.

Right at this moment I am content with what the Giants have done without Canty, Phillips and Boley. Once Boley and Canty return the G-Men should be fine.
It might be going a little too far to say that they would have beaten New Orleans if Boley had been healthy. The defense would have had a better chance against that offense, but the Saints are still a very good team. Though there is no doubt that Boley would have made a difference.

I still think the drop off from Phillips to Brown has been the biggest blow to the Giants defense this season. Speed wise Brown is a major liability in coverage and that is why he's been giving up the underneath stuff in order to prevent the big play past him down the field. They need to adjust the scheme this week for Philly. I'd rather see the defense give up one long TD to Jackson rather than 10-12 15 yard catches to him right infront of Brown's zone.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
I still think the drop off from Phillips to Brown has been the biggest blow to the Giants defense this season. Speed wise Brown is a major liability in coverage and that is why he's been giving up the underneath stuff in order to prevent the big play past him down the field. They need to adjust the scheme this week for Philly. I'd rather see the defense give up one long TD to Jackson rather than 10-12 15 yard catches to him right infront of Brown's zone.
The C.C. stands for "Can't-Cover".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »