Home

Petition: Draft Improvements for Madden 11

This is a discussion on Petition: Draft Improvements for Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you support this idea for Madden 11?
yes - please make the whole draft experience that much better 180 95.24%
no - I'm fine with how it is right now 9 4.76%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Petition: Draft Improvements for Madden 11

Great idea...that could be EA's big thing/gimmick for Madden 11........A great draft would be unreal---UNREAL!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

acually all they need to do is call somebody who used to work the 2k footbal series, pay them for a week and the draft feature would be fixed. 2k5 had-

1. Mock draft
2. Prospect Big Board
3. In season draft updates, projections with Mel Kiper
4. Ability to change player names, ratings, appearance and pretty much EVERYTHING about the players in the draft so you could add in the abilities and attributed of real college players.
5. An after draft review by Kiper of who had the best draft and complete recap of all 1st round picks.

Apparently all of this was a snap to do in 2004! for crying out loud. Its stuff like this that make it hard for a lot of people to shell out $60 for a game developed so lazily.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #51
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a great thread. The draft needs more work but the entire franchise mode needs work. One thing I have loved about Madden and NCAA is the import draft classes feature. This year was bad. I could not use my draft classes due to the logic and randomness. I had guys that were 97's in NCAA but D potential and 7th rounders in Madden. I'm not saying the guy should have been a 97 but a 34 ovr is a little crazy. Then when using the preloaded drafts it becomes to easy becuase if you write down all the high potential players you can get good players in all 7 rounds. I have found my self trading away my 1st-3rd round picks to stock pile late round picks because I can get just as good or better players and they have a cheaper price tag. I should be able to get good potential players in late rounds but not everyone be a starter. These guys can have the potential but needs some development time.
Adding a Senior Bowl & Combine would be great. Also training camp, and expaned rosters would be nice. It will be 2011 so its time for the pratice squads. One thing I have wanted for some time is true progression. This would be based not on stats or anything random but on pratice, drills, and film study. Maybe add a time system or something to assign time to players/positions to spend time working in the 3 areas. This is how players get better in real life. How do you think they are able to put up the stats? Its by doing the work to get better. Sorry just had to throw that in.
Great stuff here guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
Link to thread in June of 09
  • Feb. 18-24 - NFL Scouting Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN)
  • Feb. 19 - Franchise and transition tag deadline
  • Feb. 26 - Deadline for submission of qualifying offers to restricted free agents
  • Feb. 27 - Free Agency begins
  • April 17 - Restricted free agency period ends
  • April 24 - Deadline for old club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.
  • April 25-26 - NFL Draft (New York City, NY)
  • Mid-July - Training camps open.
  • July 22 - Signing period ends at 4 p.m. ET for unrestricted free agents who received June 1 tender.
  • Aug. 8 - Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony (Canton, Ohio)
  • Aug. 9 - Pro Football Hall of Fame Game (Canton, Ohio)
  • Aug. 13-17 - Preseason Week 1
  • Sept. 1 - Roster cuts - 75 players.
  • Sept. 5 - Roster cuts - 53 players.
  • Sept. 10-14 - Kickoff 2009 Weekend
Here's what I would like to see in the Madden Franchise Off-season mode.

Scouting Combine (Lucas Oil Field, Indianapolis)
  1. Top 5 players per position will attend the Combine (110 players total to choose from during drills).
  2. Passing Drill - 7 on 7 (NO Linemen). The user selects (QB, RB, FB, TE, and 3 WR's to play on Offense. The user selects 3 LB's, 2 CB's, and 2 Safety's to play on Defense. You get 15 passing plays to see all the selected players in action.
  3. Rushing Drill - The user selects RB, FB, 2 TE's, 2 Tackles, 2 Guards, and a Center (Offense). The user selects 2 DE's, 2 DT's, and 3 LB's (Defense)(You can run the 3-4 if you choose, 3 DL and 4 LB's). You get 15 rushing plays to see all the selected players in action.
  4. Pass Rush/Pass Protect Drill (1 on 1)- The user selects 2 Offensive Linemen and 2 Defensive Linemen to run through this drill. You get 10 plays total (on either side) to test out the players.
  5. Coverage Drill (1 on 1)- The user selects 2 Defensive Backs and gets 10 plays against a WR. (same drill as we have now in madden is perfect)
  6. After the Combine the user will have a better idea of the players they want to draft and best of all you get to see them in action on the field before you draft them. (real players and not JUST a scouting report)
The Draft-
The Draft remains the same and looks to be much improved (logic wise) in this years Madden 10. (Maybe some cutscenes of the commisioner announcing some picks and Radio City Music Hall with crazy Jet's fans booing their selection)

Training Camp-

You have the opportunity to see you new players in uniform for the first time with their teammates. Training Camp will consist of 2 options for practice (Risk/Reward involved). You get 7 "training camp practices" for you team. Each practice consists of 11 vs 11 with 15 plays on Offense and 15 plays on Defense. (this can be simmed)
  1. "Soft" practice- Your team practices at %80 speed and there is NO RISK FOR INJURY. But the downside is you receive minimal progression points.
  2. "Hard" practice- Your team practices at "FULL SPEED" just like a real game. There is a RISK FOR INJURY in this practice mode but.......you recieve maximum progression points. Progression points are limited to (Strength, Stamina, and Injury increases). It's a risk/reward practice that the user can choose. You make the choice.
-Hall of Fame induction ceremony (w/ HOF game, preseason)

-We get some nice cutscenes of player being inducted to the HOF and a nice clean interface with stats that shows the players illustrious career in the NFL. It should feel special.

- (Hall of Fame Game) Two Teams will be selected to play in the HOF game and this is a big event that kicks off the NFL season. It should be played in Canton's Fawcett Stadium and feel like a big game. (Add 1 Stadium to the game)

Expanded Rosters (80 man rosters, if NCAA can handle it...so can Madden)
  1. CUT 1 -We get up to 80 man rosters to play the first 2 pre-season games with. Following week 2 of the pre-season game there will be a "roster cut" to 70 players. (if you don't have 70 then no cuts are made. Every team must be at/under 70 to advance to week 3 of pre-season)
  2. CUT 2 -Following the last pre-season game, are roster will be cut to a 53 man roster. (all team must be at 53 to start season)
  3. The cuts will force owners to make decisions about players on their team and gives the user a greater sense of accountability when building their Franchise in Madden. The more decisions we make the deeper we will be involved.
Thursday Night Kickoff game- There should the the NFL kickoff game on Thursday night with the defending Super Bowl Champs. Added commentary to really get us excited for the start of the season. (It's a big game!)

Regular Season starts- Have some fun and kick some butt.......
Good List
Old 02-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #53
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

i've been a huge proponent of editable draft classes (pre and post draft).
I just thought of something pretty cool .
how about UPLOADING PHOTOS TO the player profile.

we could then add our own headshots of whatever player we wanted.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

any news on this?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #55
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

In Madden 10 on PS2 you could play the Senior Bowl. Granted it was in Hawaii, but it was still pretty fun. They even had icons for players to indicate certain roles that played a effect on there morale and attributes....The franchise mode on PS2 blows out the PS3/360 version. I don't know about y'all, I'm just hoping they release a PS2 version this year.

Last edited by cjallure24; 04-30-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

bump!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »