Home

please rate my fantasy draft team

This is a discussion on please rate my fantasy draft team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
please rate my fantasy draft team

just drafted this team made it heavily offensive based there could have been some better picks in certain rounds but after i siwtch a few players positions everything should work out. i had 4th pick my team is the chargers

1st round Peyton Manning ( a little cliche isn't it?)
2nd round Maurice Jones-drew
3rd round Calvin Johnson Jr.
4th round Michael Crabtree
5th round Jake Long
6th Round Donald Thomas
7th round Eugene Munroe
8th round Zach miller TE
9th round Elvis dumervil
10th round Brandon Merriweather
11th round Jerod Mayo
12th round shawn merriman
13th round tyson jackson
14th round Ray Maualuga
15th round Eric Weddle
16th round Lawerence timmons
17th round Andy Levitre

simulated the rest

I plan on moving Timmons to The right end position and have Maualuga at D-tackle. Timmons at the end position is an overall of a 99 and maualuga is pretty high at the defensive tackle spot. My entire offense with the exception of my center has an a potential rating and everyone on my offense with the exception of peyton manning is under age 28. My defense is also very young and is full of players with a potential. so what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: please rate my fantasy draft team

Mauluga at DT? what?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

Interesting choices... sacrificing on the pass D are we? No CBs by round 17 means that at best your highest rated CB will be in the low 80's or high 70's.

Overall I give it a 3/10. You have a lot of talent, but you're going to use it wrong/unsim (Maualuga at DT??? Timmons at DE is pushing it) and you just drafted poorly IMO. Why take Crabtree in round 4? He usually stays around untili round 6/7, Meriwheater in round 10 was a huge reach, as were Levitre in 17 and Jackson in 13.

You didn't even make it to the K/P rounds where you can draft early and take a guy like Crosby or Cbass (Sebastian Janikowski, 98 KPW, Crosby has 99) or draft late and grab David Beuhler (95 KPW, 98 after 1 year). Since kick power is the only real factor to the kicking/punting game it makes no sense to let the CPU autodraft your K/P because it will go for the highest OVR rating and will sacrifice KPW for KAC.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9

6/10. Why? You drafted too much offense too early and no coverage whatsover. Draft a Corner instead of Crabtree and wait to get him until next round would've gotten you an 8.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

How can anyone rate your draft when you only give us a little over a fourth of your team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

hey guys this is waht the team looks like after i fixed it up a bit. also yes some of my selections were questionable buti was drafting for youth, talent and potential not for overall rating

QB Manning
HB Jones-Drew
WR1 Calvin Johnson
WR2 Michael crabtree
WR3 Percy Harvin
TE Zach Miller
LT Andre Smith 79ovr
LG Eugen Munroe- 85 ovr here
C Andy Levitre 75 ovr
RG Donald Thomas 87 ovr
RT Jake Long 90 Ovr
LE Tyson Jackson 77 ovr
RE Lawerence Timmons 96 ovr (i have moved him here in other franchises and he ends up being a beast for me)
DT Shawn Merriman 99 Ovr (decided to keep maualuga at the linebacker position)
LOLB Ray Maualuga 81 ovr
MLB Jerod Mayo 88 ovr
ROLB Elvis Dumervil 89 ovr
CB 1 Antoine Cason 78 ovr
CB 2 Mike Jenkins 76 ovr
FS Eric Weedle 84 ovr
SS Brandon Merriweather 88 ovr

Considering the changes i made plus the fact every starter on the team with the exceptions of Mike jenkins and the fullback has an A potential i think i did pretty damn well. ima post this team after 2 years of franchise mode so well see what happens then
Old 11-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Why is Andre Smith guarding your quarterback's blindside? Jake Long is a much better LT than Andre Smith is. And Smith to me is a better RT than he is an LT.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

I don't know how you managed to get that team. I just decided to play madden again for the heck of it today and started a fantasy franchise...the CPU drafts so weird so I was able to pick up players at odd times and of course when I waited a round because there was still tons of 90s in an area they were gone the next -_- compared to decreasing talent in other categories...I was banking on getting Matt Ryan for one..but of course that failed. But here is my team I drafted today...(the rounds that I did)

Mark Sanchez
Jones Drew
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Bernard Berrian
Jake Long
Tyson Jackson
Barry Cofield
Aaron Curry
Lawrence Timmons
Terrell Suggs
Cortland Finn
Domnique Foxworth
Brandon Meriweather...

Then I left the rest to the CPU and I am left with a terrible team. I hate the CPu draft tendencies. They all seem to follow a certain way to draft and when the CPU teams start picking up one position so do the rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »