Home

It was good while it lasted....

This is a discussion on It was good while it lasted.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: It was good while it lasted....

I still enjoy it, I just don't play it as much as I use to. Once COD rolls in it will be game over.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #58
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I played this a lot for the first six weeks then lost interest in it. No matter how much I have tweaked the sliders I can't get the cpu to play a good game of football and have realistic stats. I am tired of winning 31-7 every game. The only way I can get the cpu to score is to have them rush for 8ypc and pass for 90% completion rate. Trust me, I am not that great of a Madden gamer, the cpu just has poor play selection and even worse play execution.

I am hoping patch #2 turns this game around but from reading what the patch is going to do I doubt it. I can see myself selling it in another month, but I will give the upcoming patch a chance.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 5

unfortunately sports games are about the only games i really like. i suck at FPS to make things even worse. i always preferred football games because they required the most strategy. This does not seem to be the case these days. so you see, for me, MADDEN MUST GET BETTER!

I honestly don't remember being this frustrated with Madden

I personally won't sell maden 10 because i just bought my ps3 and its the only sports game i have. I may buy next year's title but if its plagued with the same issues it will be sold very quickly

Last edited by marcus82; 11-06-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

This time last year I was completely over madden. This year I cant stop playing. I cant wait for the new feature in jan.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
unfortunately sports games are about the only games i really like. i suck at FPS to make things even worse. i always preferred football games because they required the most strategy. This does not seem to be the case these days. so you see, for me, MADDEN MUST GET BETTER!

I honestly don't remember being this frustrated with Madden

I personally won't sell maden 10 because i just bought my ps3 and its the only sports game i have. I may buy next year's title but if its plagued with the same issues it will be sold very quickly
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. The difference is, I only play football games, which means I'm stuck with Madden 10. Sure, I could sell the game back, but at the end of the day I don't have any other options.

I just want a good football video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #62
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I love this game, and as I've said on here before, I havent liked a Madden since '01.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #63
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

I really wish they would overall the presentation and put their main concentration on this. For me, that is what is killing the game for me. It just feels so stale because the commentary is such a bore. There's no excitement. This is the best selling sports game, and year after year, we have to settle for weak presentation and atmosphere. Now granted, it has improved exponentially from the past couple years, but it still lags behind other games that don't have as high of sales. There's no ******* excuse that the ESPN license hasn't been implemented. None! If they could bring some excitement to the game in terms of dynamic commentary, this would really make the gaming experience feel that much more authentic.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #64
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

I still have Madden, but I don't know why because I never play it anymore.... Haven't really picked it up since I got NBA 2K10, which I've hardly picked up since I got Borderlands, which I won't play as soon as I get Dragon Age Origins, lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »