Home

Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?

This is a discussion on Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?
Yes 56 83.58%
No 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?

Since I really only play multi-player, I have actually enjoyed the run game. Depending on what I see with the defense I might change the blocking to right or left. Or even hot route a fullback or tight end into a block left or block right because I find the blocking to usually be more effective when doing this and I might send a guy in a motion to help. The other thing is I try and use turbo as little as possible and use cut moves to in a sense get defenders to move into blockers.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

What I don't get is they reference APF2K8 in their blog on block (I'm referring to DLine blocking only) and yet their implementation is horrendously off. How can you have a nigh perfect example to follow and still miss the mark?

The one thing I'm seeing that doesn't work well is that the offensive lineman never get driven straight back, it's always to one side, which isn't how it works at all. In addition, dline moves (bull rushes, swims, rips, 360's / cyclones) seem to be non-existent in Madden such that the only way a DLineman gets to the QB is if he is guided there by the OLineman. It's simply not realistic.

There are ways that you can get sacks in the game, but they result in using nano-blitzes that should get picked up, but are not, once again due to faulty blocking mechanics.

Last edited by Valdarez; 11-05-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

Madden 10 in general is unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

I've found that by playing as the other defensive end I've really been able to put MUCH more pressure on the QB. I know LT's are typically the studs of the line, but even with a good DE you'll usually get stonewalled for the duration of the game. By switching to the other side I have really clamped down defensively on some teams, to the point where I'm going to have to bump up some CPU sliders to make it fair. Try it out and see what you think, there's even a DE switch package on the play-calling menu so you can still use Freeney or whoever, just on the other side.

Keep in mind this is just something that has worked for me, for whatever reason, may not be the actual solution but worth trying. And I agree, suction blocks are sooooooooooo frustrating! Especially when trying to turn around and tackle a RB who is running right next to you.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

It never has been done right. There isn't a true pocket. On passing plays the (IRL) tackles push the DE's down field. They don't just try and wall their man.

If this was done better it would eliminate the stupid constant qb roll outs.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I would say yes it is. on the pro difficulty. the AI will follow blocking assignments correctly, but that makes the game easy. so when u ask for the game to be on All-Pro and All-Madden. ur basically asking the game to challenge u. Which is the reason why ppl miss blocks and make the worst decisions on down field blocking. Ive tried versuz2 sliders and they work perfect but only on the pro difficulty. so u hav to set all cpu skills to 100 and its away more realistic game on pro only. Like i said b4. if u want to play on all-pro and all-madden. u are asking the game, by any means necessary to make the game a competition. Which is the reason for the morphing and timeshift tackling and mid swats that turn into tackles while in mid air still.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I love seeing my O line let the D line right by to defend a linebacker.....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »