Home

Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?

This is a discussion on Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?
Yes 56 83.58%
No 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?

I think it is too hard to get off of blocks. I play alot of allmadden games user vs user and this is what I notice.

1. Dlineman look for blockers to run into. Im constanly controlling Freeney and Mathis and its hard to break the initial block, but if I do the player suctions into another blocker. Annoying.

2. Toss is overly effective...because blocking is too effective.

3. Screen passes are too effective....you know why.

4. Kick and Punt returns are too frequent...same thing

5. Defensive TD's happen too often...I hear its pursuit angles, but when I look at replays I see offensive players running towards defenders to be blocked, then its hard to get off them. TD.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-05-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Is blocking on Madden 10 unrealistic?

I would like to know what sliders you are using.

What I notice with blocking:

-Line play/picking out who to block is questionable.

-Defenders "jump off their blocks" because I hit the sprint button even if they were fully engaged.

-OL don't seem to get beat as much as they just "let go" of the defender after a certain amount of time.

Screen passes effective? Maybe I suck with them but I don't rip off big gains with them. Maybe the Ravens just suck as a screen team *shrug*
Old 11-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

blocking is good in madden if you use a good slider i recommend my slider it very good player play like there ratings but stay away from all madden the computer will cheat you and its fraustrathing
Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I would like to know what sliders you are using.

What I notice with blocking:

-Line play/picking out who to block is questionable.

-Defenders "jump off their blocks" because I hit the sprint button even if they were fully engaged.

-OL don't seem to get beat as much as they just "let go" of the defender after a certain amount of time.

Screen passes effective? Maybe I suck with them but I don't rip off big gains with them. Maybe the Ravens just suck as a screen team *shrug*
I play online, unranked, allmadden with no sliders mostly.

Im overly effective at screens, tosses, dTD's, and kick returns...and notice the same from other players.

The sprint will release the blocking some, I know, but if you lay off sprint on a toss you have great blocking. Screens are easier than ever if you time them right. Slip screen vs Man is nearly a TD every play, a wr screen vs most zones are huge gainers too. The key to screens is throwing right after the computer autodrops. Shift line towards screen and voila.

What I'm noticing is blocks are harder to release from compared to previous Maddens.

Last edited by MAHAM; 11-05-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

W/ the right sliders the run and pass game blking can be good and very realistic.
Now the only thing blking sliders don't help is the return game. Kickoff returns can be had too often imo.

So EA add some spteams blking sliders and that would also help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Also, my favorite feature this year is the pass rush moves...it just doesnt work as well as it should.

I mainly use the Colts and I expect more seperation if you beat the OT with Freeney/Mathis. If i do a spin around I nearly always 'suction' into another blocker.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I agree with KR. They can be pretty easy to get. Defensive TDs also a lot of times, even on turnovers in the middle of the field (where everyone tends to be). I could see it more on the outside because that's a risk of a pick-six in real life.

In fact, I wonder what settings the KR/PR blocking is using since it's no longer tied to the run blocking slider. Maybe it's as if it was at the default 50?

Last edited by KBLover; 11-05-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
In fact, I wonder what settings the KR/PR blocking is using since it's no longer tied to the run blocking slider. Maybe it's as if it was at the default 50?

That would be my guess.

The one thing thay annoys me with slider adjusting to make blocking more realistic is the inability to have the blockers get beat in a realistic way, yet still at least attempt to block the correct person.

At this point, I would say my time spent playing the games so far in Madden 10 have been more frustrating than fun. Eveything that works well or does not on a certain play has to be analyzed as a possible good play, or a slider adjustment mistake...... etc, etc, etc .... very tiresome...

and sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »