Home

Need help with KR.

This is a discussion on Need help with KR. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Need help with KR.

My kicker only gets tackles when he pushes them out of bounds, otherwise i seen him get juked out of his shoes and trucked.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLFanSince1979
Thats my issue, kr's ard too easy. And another thing I dont understand is I can tackle a returner with my kicker anytime. But if I get a defender with a tackle rating in the 90's, the returner breaks the tackle easily, but the kicker has no problem stopping a returner in his tracks. Anyone else notice this? I never use hit stick on special teams, because of the fact its easy to counter.
Same here - I always laugh when I see Hauschka take down someone like Harvin.

What I do is control the kicker, move the stick (so the AI doesn't move him) and let the return play out.

As far as running back kicks, every player has a KR rating that doesn't always get shown (you can see it easily by going to your KR and PR depth chart). If that's high, then the KR/PR blockers tend to block more successfully/intelligently, especially on KR as that's more of a set play than the chaos of punt returns.

KR is pretty much the most important rating on returns, imo, although SPD would probably be a close second, but you don't need too much speed if you get great lanes.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 36

Wow I haven't had a return for a TD since the patch came out. Weird. It was too easy for me before the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

that is hard to believe that a guy with 86 speed outran everybody. i use the giants and i will put sinorice or bradshaw back there and i will find a seam and eventually get run down at the 10 or 5 and they both have 90+ speed.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Same here - I always laugh when I see Hauschka take down someone like Harvin.
I like when the kickers get over excited after their kicks and tackles. It makes me laugh every time
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
that is hard to believe that a guy with 86 speed outran everybody. i use the giants and i will put sinorice or bradshaw back there and i will find a seam and eventually get run down at the 10 or 5 and they both have 90+ speed.
Maybe it was fatigue (though fatigue should have impacted everyone else as well)?

Also, what's Sinorice/Bradshaw KR rating?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »