Home

Some thing i miss from the old franchise....

This is a discussion on Some thing i miss from the old franchise.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Some thing i miss from the old franchise....

Hey jus bringing up something i miss that maybe could be put into future maddens,

u guys remember player roles from the old maddens? i think it was only in 07 but yeah i likede that idea, for those that dont know, some players earned roles that game them specific ratings boosts, for example...

trent dilfer had the mentor role, and player within like 3 years of being in the nfl got like a plus 2 awareness rating. its cool cuz it gives you a litle insentive to keep vets around for young guys.

kick returner role, all players on the reciving kick off team got a plus twp run blocking, which again gives insentives to pick him up, and also those players with roles will demand more cash.

captain comback recieved throwing acc boosts in the 4th qrter when trailing,

pro bowler, demanded more money in FA

project player, idk wat this role got but it was usually given to thosewho wer gifted athleticly but not really polished, id imagine guys like dennis dixon or derrius heyward bey with this role.

there wer a lot of roles i dont remember, but dont get it confused with the smart linebacker and shutdown corner type deals, those wer ********, i like this way the way it was in the old franchises because it gave me incentives and also made it fun to have a reason to pay a low rated reciever millions of dollars because he is a beast in the return game. idk jus something i was thinking about. your thoughts anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Some thing i miss from the old franchise....

Yeah i miss that too. I miss alot of things from Last gen franchise, like training camp
Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah M10 left out a lot in franchise mode. I miss the Senior Bowl and scouting combine.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

that was one of madden's greatest features for all the reason's you just listed.

Also the First round draft pick who expected to be a starting by his 3rd year in the league.

I liked signing free agent former first round draft picks who were under achievers and try and jump start their career.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
that was one of madden's greatest features for all the reason's you just listed.

Also the First round draft pick who expected to be a starting by his 3rd year in the league.

I liked signing free agent former first round draft picks who were under achievers and try and jump start their career.
cant believe i forgot the underachiever role lol! but yeah man those wer the days i believe there was possesion reciever that gave catch boosts on 3rd and 4th down? man i wish i had to old games to check it out. it was jus so cool because it gave players thier identity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

I miss the old progression system. Players progressing 10+ points in one season if they had a breakout year. I hate the current progression system!!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

There's a LOT that could be done with skill trees for team chemistry or team abilities. I put together rough skill trees for players, and then templates for teams for APF2K8. Anything that adds strategy to the game IMHO makes the game better.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have to agree with you guys, those player roles were good. It gave some of the players a personality which I liked. I think franchise is on the right track but it still could be a lot better. It really did help the progression too because it gave some players target performances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »