Home

Do you feel the changes in Madden '10 were done in the interest of the "Sim" gamer?

This is a discussion on Do you feel the changes in Madden '10 were done in the interest of the "Sim" gamer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Do you feel the changes in Madden '10 were done in the interest of the "Sim" gamer?
Yes 117 70.48%
No 49 29.52%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #73
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Do you feel the changes in Madden '10 were done in the interest of the "Sim" game

It was definitely targeted to the sim audience, but they have made screen plays way too dangerous. My linemen should have enough awareness to notice half of the line setting up for the screen. Usually I have to get to the running back with my safety by the time the QB throws it to have a chance at stopping the TD.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #74
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Do you feel the changes in Madden '10 were done in the interest of the "Sim" game

absolutely. at least offline. full customization with sliders, slowing the game down, speed threshold, etc. etc. obviously, there are gripes and things need to be addressed like the passing game (button to throw ball at feet or out of bounds near a receiver) but the game is going in the right direction IMO
Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 10

I feel that the changes in Madden 10 were in the interest of the "Sim" gamer. They, the development team, slowed down the game; they added long, medium, deep accuracy as well as throwing on the run ratings for QBs. Excessive drop backs and the roll and chuck are all but gone, and rocket catching doesn't seem to be a problem any more.

The changes listed were indeed in interest of the sim gamer; however, these changes are merely cosmetic in nature. The problems at the core of the game are still a problem. The A.I. is faulty; there are still missing features that were present in versions of the game released on inferior platforms; the flats are broken;the kickoff coverage is broken, and ratings with the exception of speed, agility and trucking are irrelevant.

Franchise mode, which is crucial to a lot of "Sim" gamers hasn't improved at all; there's no depth to it; you scout players in between playing games; you sign free agents; you draft players and then wash rinse repeat.

Last edited by Dmacho; 11-16-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Madden 10 is definitely a game targeted towards a sim gamer.
+1
Old 11-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

the biggest differences i see in Madden '10 from '09 are updated animations and graphics/cutscenes...in my opinion, thats not geared toward making the game "sim."...thats just eye candy

of course the update in the animations were a must but they are still severely lacking..i tend to see the same ones over and over again

and i'd much rather better/more realistic gameplay over seeing my kicker get patted on the rear after an XP
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #78
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

I voted yes. The changes that were made to Madden 10 were done in the interest of making the game more sim. This does not mean they made a sim game. If the question was "Do you feel the changes in Madden '10 were successful in making the game a better simulation of NFL football?" I would vote no. To list my reasons would just be echoing many others who have posted.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #79
DickDalewood

OVR:

Crap, I hit "no" on accident and I meant to click "yes".

Regardless, my answer is yes. Best Madden in years, and definitely the most sim.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

If its supposed to be more sim friendly, then why do we have to use cloud computing to deduct a set of usable sim sliders (that sim players will figure out how to abuse in 2 quarters). It makes it extremely difficult for sim players to figure out the sliders when they were set up by someone who has never actually tried to play a realistic franchise.

I havent played madden for years and I am not going to quit playing this one now, but I have to say that I cant wait for the next MLB the Show to hit the shelves. Now that is a sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »