Home

Need help with KR.

This is a discussion on Need help with KR. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Need help with KR.

I just started a new franchise with my Pats on All-Madden, 10 minute qtrs. I just finished my 1st game of the season against the Bills. I used Brandon Tate for KR's, but my problem is going untouched for 3 out of 5 returns for td's. Tate averaged 77 yards in returns for a total of 350 yards. So 2 of those scores came in the 1st qtr, meaning Brady didnt take his 1st snap till the 2nd qtr. So my question is- Is there a slider to adjust the blocking on KR? Tate has a 86 speed rating, 87 ELU, 84 SPM, 85 JKM. But none of those ratings mattered, I pretty munch ran behind my blocks without spinning and juking. I want to earn those scores. Other than that, I was satisfied with my numbers on offense and defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Need help with KR.

No, no slider for returning kicks. What I do is let the CPU return the kicks. I still get 1 to 3 kick returns for TDs a year. Not as much fun, but far more realistic from a statistics standpoint.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Rookie

I don't have this KR "problem" alot of posters here see. I use Dexter Jackson to return kicks (sign him to the Titans from FA) and usually get about 30 yards per return. I did return two kicks and a punt for a touchdown in a recent game, but other than that just consistently good returns from a guy with blazing speed, and only a 75 KR rating lol.

My main special teams problem... I looked at my stats from week 10 and my kicker has like 30 touchbacks... while every other kicker has ZERO
Old 11-09-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The biggest problem is anything that's to the far right/left side. I can return that for a TD about 90% of the time (unless the punter gets me / takes away my lane). From the middle it's not too bad, you can still get them, but they aren't as often nor as easy.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks Valderez. I guess I'll let the a.i return kicks for now on. Even online returns are too easy. Hopefully the patch will make returns a bit more challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

another option is to hold off on using turbo for a set amount of yards or something of that nature
Old 11-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

On the contrary, NCAA is hard as **** to return kicks. I returned one in 12 games this season with Tech.

I had been sayin the same thing on Madden, I was not having problems returning kicks like everyone else, it was hard for me to break any. Then last night, i played the Saints, and returned 2 back to back for td's, easily just by following blocks.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Thats my issue, kr's ard too easy. And another thing I dont understand is I can tackle a returner with my kicker anytime. But if I get a defender with a tackle rating in the 90's, the returner breaks the tackle easily, but the kicker has no problem stopping a returner in his tracks. Anyone else notice this? I never use hit stick on special teams, because of the fact its easy to counter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »