Home

4-3 defence

This is a discussion on 4-3 defence within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Rookie

Autastic's Arena

OVR: 1
4-3 defence

Only play online and I play with the cowboys who use a 3-4, recently i have been using a 4-3. I have been having more sucess with the 4-3, Ware doesnt seem to be involved as much in rushing the passer in this defence though.

Does anyone have general tips on using the 4-3 defence? Is this a better defence to run in this game?

ps. i tried a few searches and could not find much and apprarently it wont let you search using "4-3" or "3-4"

Thanks!
-James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: 4-3 defence

If you want to run a 4-3 with the cowboys, I recommend moving igor or spears inside and putting ware at RE. Then move one of your MLB (brooking probably) to OLB, and it should function a little better..
Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

4-3 is pretty good against the run when you run zone plays. I wouldn't ran man on running situations unless you bring pressure with at least six. the AI gets all confused. on sweep plays your OLB will run about 5 yards to the middle of the field before he realizes he needs to get out and defend the edges. with zone plays the OLB take their first steps to the outside which gives you the best chance to stop any run.

be sure to mix up your zones

and throw in man every now and then to stop those post patterns
Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing that I think a lot of ppl dont relize is that an OLB in a 3-4 is basically just a passrushing DE in the 4-3. The only real difference is that the OLB in the 3-4 plays more ( a lot more ) coverage that the DE in the 4-3. I agree with filtertmp, move ware to DE and a MLB to OLB.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd probably go ahead and move Spencer to LE, Ware to RE, keep Brooking at MLB, let my OLBs be Brady James and Bobby Carpenter... and let my DTs be Ratliff, and Olshanky with Spears my 3rd DT... though you could probably move Hatcher and Bower to DT if you so wished. There's lots of moving parts you could do and instantly improve the defense rating-wise, though you may take a hit in actual effectiveness since LBs moved to DE tend to get pancaked pretty frequently...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Autastic's Arena

Wow! Great info, i am excited about testing out this new defence.

I noticed that 3-4 was not working that well for me and i was getting slammed on the run and the pass. It seems the 4-3 has given my defence a big improvement. I stop the run better and put enough pressure on the QB to force him to make bad throws,whch newman has been doing wonders with.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

normally I'd let it go, but 7 times is too many...

defenSe

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Autastic's Arena

I blame the public school system

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »