Home

Eerily Quiet - Here & Madden Forums

This is a discussion on Eerily Quiet - Here & Madden Forums within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Eerily Quiet - Here & Madden Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Child please.

You call blatant lies a good thing? We basically gave everything that any good developer would know what to do with. And even with the relentless dedication, positivity, and great ideas expressed on this site, we ended up with.....this.
Again, I highly doubt OS is the correct place for devs like this. We can only do so much, and be so forgiving.

I agree good post. But I do understand how your day can be ruined after you have supposedly worked your *** off only to see everyone dissappointed with the outcome. But hey, they jumped into the shark tank when they decided to come to OS and "interact" So some overly thick skin was needed prior.

As far as my opinion, I moved on a long time ago with football videogames period. As far as I'm concerned football gaming is dead. And the NFL, Ea, and 2ksports(in that order) killed it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The way to make a better game is to get feedback from the people that care about making it better
I haven't talked to you personally but can you please elaborate on why this is needed? And this is a serious question.

I just don't see how Ea has all the rights, (which I assume includes access to any and all things NFL and any other major football organization)yet they still have to lean on "the community" in order to make a reputable football game.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Can't disagree. I appreciate the challenges and time constraints that come with making a video game, but Ian and the EA team were the ones who were whetting the appetite of the community pre-release. It started on the day of the Super Bowl. Remember the saying, "Whatever you see on Sunday, you'll see in the game"? You can't raise expectations, then complain when people aren't happy that your own standards weren't met. Yeah, people can be more diplomatic in their criticism, but I think Ian needs to be a little more thick-skinned here.
I agree with some things, here, but I ask this one question.

Why did OS put some additions in their TOS just recently? The answer is the bashing was getting way out of hand, in my opinion.

Also, I never took the whatever you see on Sunday as thinking everything would be thrown in at once in 10. If it was, what would be leftover for 11, 12,? Maybe a lot of people took it the way you took it, though.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I have mix feelings. John Madden once said " the things that you accept win you are winning are the same things you have to accept when you are losing". I didn't like the "Ian you are god" and I didn't like how certain things went down when the game was released.

The mods at OS have done an excellent job with keeping the trollers and youtubers out of the Madden forum but I also believe that some us here should be more mature and at the same time developers have to develop a think skin.

Why would the developers stop interacting with their fan base when this is the best Madden of this generation. You have go through some **** to get to the light.

PS

I am really enjoying the game this year.

Peace
Yeah, and you can read my wishlists and see the number of gripes I have. But, this is the first Madden I've enjoyed since 1997... 1997. I'm very critical of football games, and even though I ultimately want to see the way the game is presented be as realistic as possible, I realize that there is a limit to the overall picture.

The people that want every single movement to be like real life even though no video game has pulled that off yet, or wanting franchise to mimic 100% real-life (I see that all too often)... those people are not being reasonable, and most of the explosions I see center around that.

I don't think there has ever been a football game that didn't have a number of frustrating issues, including the all-time great games. But it never stopped me from enjoying them. It's just apparent that a lot of hardcore players have grown intolerant of these things, and it doesn't help their anger that Madden is the only game in town right now.

But like I said before, if people want 100% real-life situations to play out at all times, then they'd better make it into the NFL because it's not going to happen in a videogame any time soon.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #29
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

To the OP. Things haven't been quite in OS Madden Forums.

Quote:
The way to win over people that are unhappy is a good game. Simple as that. The way to make a better game is to get feedback from the people that care about making it better, not the ones that care more about insults.
That's exactly why threads like this never end well.
Quote:
There's no 'possibly' to it. lol.

It sucks that we've been quiet, and I know there are folks here that are restless and also getting more and more negative, but there's not much I can do really. The 2nd title update has taken a long time to finish, and there were a bunch more hiccups in the road that we didn't expect. Larry and I created a blog showing what was approved and guaranteed to be in the patch, but as you all know I won't promise anything else until I'm 100% sure it's going in so I don't end up getting roasted (at least worse than I already do).

As Valdarez said, we are working on re-tooling how we will be communicating, and unfortunately it will not be daily direct interaction here on OS. As much as I loved many aspects of the interaction, it also got way too personal so there needs to be a better way to pull this stuff off that doesn't drive every employee that steps into the community into a depression. For every thread where I might have gotten great feedback on what to improve, there was some other guy making youtube videos about how he thinks I am a liar and posting them in the same thread. That type of s--t can ruin your night or even your weekend. So why put up with that if we don't have to?

Some ideas we've had so far include invite-only forums, polls, regular live chats, regular podcasts/radio show type of things, and many other ways to try and take all the lessons that we learned from the 10 cycle and fine-tune it to remove all the bad stuff for 11.

You will hear from us as soon as the information is locked in. Until then, I can't help much more than that.
Thanks Ian. Closed.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

Last edited by Jackdog; 11-13-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »