Home

DO NOT try to run a draft from your PC..Where are you EA?

This is a discussion on DO NOT try to run a draft from your PC..Where are you EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
DO NOT try to run a draft from your PC..Where are you EA?

QUICK PLUG:

So I'm running hands down the best Ps3 league ever, ufl.aimoo.com, we just handed out or league player awards and it's Browns/Bears in the UFL Bowl...here's our player awards:

Ok, but what I am here to talk about is just how bad an experience I had with a test league running the draft from my PC.

Like I said my real league is near the offseason so I wanted to be prepared for the draft so I started a test league. First season was to see how offseason went 2nd season to see how the PC Draft went.

I can't imagine EA even tested their online draft, it's like they just threw a bunch of stuff together.

First off, there is nowhere to set the round time online. How do we miss that EA? When you're on the console version when you click begin draft it asks you how long you want the rounds to be. When you start a draft from the PC it just starts at 15sec and doesn't allow you to change it.

To correct the round time I paused the draft, went on my console, resumed the draft and it asked me round length, I clicked 60, and it tells me this will take effect next round. I say oh goody, pause the draft on my console, back out, then head back to the PC.

Go to the PC to resume draft, it wont work! It actually comes up when you go to resume from PC "Only the commissioner of the league may use this option" or something close to that. I am the commissioner!! I swear!!

So I go back to my console, unpause the draft which just happened to be on my pick, and then run back to my computer. I see the time ticking away, so I go to make my pick, this one my 2nd rounder, but it won't let me. The "Draft this player" box won't light up. Next thing I know the pick is gone, more on that later.

So I just let the computer run the draft out as I'm pretty convinced I will NOT be running my league's draft from the PC, I go to review my draft and there is my 2nd round pick, above my 7th round pick...interesting....

oh, by the way, my 1st round FS is 50 years old...yeah they still didn't fix that one either

Where are these fixes?? Are we going to get a working franchise by August!!?? Where are:

Online League Leaders
Online league advance
Co-commish with ability to advance option
Fixing Ages
Functional Draft

Please!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: DO NOT try to run a draft from your PC..Where are you EA?

This is just sad dude, I feel for you

and why isn't somebody from EA here trying to help this guy fix these issues or at least offer some excuses!?!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looks like your league is pretty tight. Makes me wish I had a Live Gold account and a PS3. I am going to be following your website. That's awesome.

I play offline franchise and have a rulebook, gameplans, etc. Trying to keep it realistic.

Great Job. Hope somebody helps you out!
Old 11-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

There were very specific statements from the EA madden team, both pre and post release, advising that OD was NOT a finished product. OD was put together in a way such that you have a functional feature but it is in no way meant to be representative of a polished product. What you have is a useable feature to give you a new dimension to the Madden experience. Any errors, ommissions, or non functionality should have been expected. They never ever promised any patches for OD or any corrections. So moving fwd., the only real legitimate critique is... is the feature "useable"? Can you use this feature? If the answer is yes, then EA lived up to what they suggested you'd get. Any expectation beyond "useable" for OD is more than what they told you they would deliver. No I don't work for EA. I just have my expectations for the product balanced. I am looking fwd to next years release when that particular feature will have had lots more attn.

Last edited by milmont77; 11-14-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 01:44 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmont77
There were very specific statements from the EA madden team, both pre and post release, advising that OD was NOT a finished product. OD was put together in a way such that you have a functional feature but it is in no way meant to be representative of a polished product. What you have is a useable feature to give you a new dimension to the Madden experience. Any errors, ommissions, or non functionality should have been expected. They never ever promised any patches for OD or any corrections. So moving fwd., the only real legitimate critique is... is the feature "useable"? Can you use this feature? If the answer is yes, then EA lived up to what they suggested you'd get. Any expectation beyond "useable" for OD is more than what they told you they would deliver. No I don't work for EA. I just have my expectations for the product balanced. I am looking fwd to next years release when that particular feature will have had lots more attn.
And I'm sure EA will be looking forward to another 60 bucks...
Old 11-15-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmont77
They never ever promised any patches for OD or any corrections.
I'm not sure about that comment.

EA made a couple of statements which sounded like that they have a team which will work on Online Franchise after the release and that they will constantly improve it.
They also said, that it is easy to update/patch the Online Franchise because Online Franchise is running on their on servers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »