Home

Is this game ever going on sale?

This is a discussion on Is this game ever going on sale? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Is this game ever going on sale?

That's one thing that sucks about monopolies. They never have to lower their price if they don't want to. I was in Target this weekend and saw hockey on sale for $39.99. Gotta love competition.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I picked up a copy on Craiglist for $30 last week. Also you can get one on E-Bay for around $40 shipped if you wait it out.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Remember if you purchase it used you'll have to pay $10 to get online franchise if the other person used that code.
True, but if don't enjoy the game play offline, it's doubtful you will enjoy it online which means you won't ever need the code. I haven't needed it. Guess it all depends on how you plan on playing the game.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Definitely try eBay. I got mine for $40 roughly a month ago used on eBay. If you are patient, you can probably get it cheaper than that now.
Ebay is great for games that I don't buy on release (actually, I pretty much only buy sports games on release - I don't want to wait for them, especially once the current seasons start). I have bought many games on eBay and gotten some great deals.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

I think Kmart will have it on sale Black Friday for $39.99, as well as some titles that were more recently released. Either Kmart or some other store; I know I saw it listed. I wouldn't anticipate Madden 10 dropping anytime before the NFL season is over, given they're the only NFL game available

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #22
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Ebay is great for games that I don't buy on release (actually, I pretty much only buy sports games on release - I don't want to wait for them, especially once the current seasons start). I have bought many games on eBay and gotten some great deals.
Yeah, I'm kind of right there with you. It's rare for me to buy a game on release when I can buy it months down the road for half the price. I think I bought 4 games this year on/near release, Brutal Legend, Borderlands (on a whim one day), Wolverine (was $10 off at Fryes), and I"ll be buying Assasin's Creed on release day as I really want to know the rest of the story. Other than those, the other 50+ games I purchases this year (literally) were all bought used off eBay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »