Home

Xbox live activity November 09

This is a discussion on Xbox live activity November 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
there are a lot of great games out now, madden being low on that list is not because of madden's lack of quality, but because there are a lot of other quality titles that are more recent.

honestly i don't understand how you guys can dog on madden so much considering this is the best madden in a long, long time. actually, in my opinion it's the best madden period. i understand it has some issues but i think you guys are too obsessed with finding a perfect football game and it's never going to happen.
But that is why it was so puzzling to me and solidifies my point. This is supposedly one of the best Maddens this gen and sold pretty well yet people are not playing it. It seems people are downloading the demo but not buying or even really renting the game in high numbers.

And I dont buy the competition argument. Football is an entirely different genre that is capable of selling huge numbers. I think it was mentioned that in the golden year(04-05), football games sold I think 10 million copies. Yet Madden is struggling to sell a few million these days. That means that there are still millions of consumers out there that are sitting on the sidelines and/or as you can see spending their money elsewhere.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #18
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63

How alarming is it that Madden 10 can't crack the top 10 anymore a few months after release? Are the consumers finally wising up? Hopefully.
I don't get the point of this post. Why are you hoping consumers won't buy Madden? How can you really compare Madden's popularity with FPS games?

Also, I don't understand what your sig means. Is the NG really worse than CG?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The titles on the list aren't recent.
Why does that matter when a good number of the titles are part of BIG franchises known first and foremost for their multiplayer modes?

And why are you guys only using this in the case of Madden? Can't it be said with other sports game franchises seeing as how there's no sports games on the list besides Madden and FIFA? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if in 2014 the top 10 games on LIVE looked like this...

1 Modern Warfare 4
2 Halo Reach 2
3 Halo Reach
4 Modern Warfare 3
5 Halo 3: ODST
6 Modern Warfare 2
7 Halo 3
8 Call of Duty 4
9 Call of Duty: WaW2

...Why? Becuase Halo & COD are such big name games when it comes to multiplayer. Doesn't matter if the games themselves are recent or not. Many people to this day are still playing Halo 2 online and that game came out back in 2004.

Quote:
People dog this game cause they just want something else. It maybe the best madden, it maybe the best football game (I dont agree). If people took 1 year off of the newest madden tho, even if they liked it, then competition would return and we would really find out if this is a great game.
Don't really get what you are saying there. If people took one year off from Madden in any of the few upcoming years there still wouldn't be another NFL game that it'll compete with due to the exclusivity lasting up until 2012.

To be honest (not trying to start a war or anything), it just seems like some of you guys are trying to twist this (and other things) to put Madden in a negative light.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I don't get the point of this post. Why are you hoping consumers won't buy Madden? How can you really compare Madden's popularity with FPS games?

Also, I don't understand what your sig means. Is the NG really worse than CG?
I am definitely hoping consumers stop buying Madden because we as the consumer deserve better. Especially when you see what other genres are doing.

And again the FPS argument is invalid because there was a time when football games where in the top spots on live. And this was when FPS and other genres were hot. If your game is good you are the competition not the competing.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
To be honest (not trying to start a war or anything), it just seems like some of you guys are trying to twist this (and other things) to put Madden in a negative light.
Ok well find me a year that Madden has dropped out of the top 10, the first month after release? Most people here hated Madden 09 but even that stayed in the top 10 atleast until December of 08.

December of 08
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)

1 CoD: World at War
2 Halo 3
3 Gears of War 2
4 Call of Duty 4
5 Left 4 Dead
6 GTA IV
7 Guitar Hero World Tour
8 Fallout 3
9 Madden NFL 09
10 Fable II

And mind you.. there are 5 FPS on this list.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Everyone I know in real life that has played Madden has loved it and continues to love it. I believe Madden may not be doing as well this year because when it comes to ways to save on money sports games are going to be the ones most likely to take a hit. And that chart of games pretty much bears it out, as pointed out before you don't see other sports games up there either.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Why does that matter when a good number of the titles are part of BIG franchises known first and foremost for their multiplayer modes?
And Madden is not? Not only over live but also local multiplayer. And again this list is not only for people playing over live but the info is logged if your console is just hooked up to live.

If you want to use the multiplayer argument, I will say that yes those other games are not only known for their multiplayer but known for having critically acclaimed multiplayer aspects. Again how long will we have to deal with drop glitchers in football videogames?

Quote:
And why are you guys only using this in the case of Madden? Can't it be said with other sports game franchises seeing as how there's no sports games on the list besides Madden and FIFA? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if in 2014 the top 10 games on LIVE looked like this...
Not really because the football genre is the only sport games that sell in the millions. Soccer may be close but Im not sure. Again Madden and football games in general used to always be in the top 10 over live. Usually in the top 3 spots. Maybe the competition is more fierce but that is debatable. I just think people are seeing it is more of the same and are flocking to other genres that are pushing out quality titles. Football is just not the "it" thing anymore.

Last edited by alliance4g63; 11-18-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

While maybe they are flocking to other games as you say, one thing to consider, a game of FPS takes a bunch of folks to get a game going whereas in Madden it's only 2. And when you figure that most folks play FPS online and they don't sports games it makes sense that Madden would not be up there in front of the FPS'ers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »