Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #49
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Let's say that every thing that you have said is true. The fact still remains that whatever the reason is that the sales are going down, the pertinent point is that sales ARE going down. That is not a good thing is all I'm saying.

The board could care less about the individual reasons why sales might be declining. Only that they are declining. And make no mistake, they are.
Also you got to tie in the fact that Madden is on less platforms then it was on previous years. So yeah... all I'm saying is that that fact shouldn't be considered as a completely new problem.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #50
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I will agree that Madden doesn't have the same mainstream buzz as it did last gen but as I've said repedately now, the same is true when it comes to all genres.
What?! I don't understand what you are saying here. Other genres also dont have the same mainstream buzz as before?

Ok the only thing I can get from this post is true because Forza sales are low. We will find out in next month's NPD but it seems like the sales are lacking. And so if that is what you meant, then there is some truth there.

My only argument would be that football games are just as much pick up and play as any other genre. And again I think the argument is moot because Madden 09 stayed in the top 10 amongst FPS/pick up play games last year.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #51
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Also you got to tie in the fact that Madden is on less platforms then it was on previous years. So yeah... all I'm saying is that that fact shouldn't be considered as a completely new problem.
Now you are grasping at straws. Come on man.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame
 
ODogg's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 36,041
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

alliance, you can try to convince yourself and all of us all you like that madden is sliding down a spiral and ea should be worried but i think the only one that's going to be convinced is you. the simple fact is madden is still a huge moneymaker for ea and there is no reason for them to be worried or whatever you think they should be thinking about it. it's not on it's way down no matter how much you wish it was.
ODogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #53
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
What?! I don't understand what you are saying here. Other genres also dont have the same mainstream buzz as before?
Compared to shooters I would definitely say no. While shooters were pretty popular last gen, the popularity has increased even more this gen thus decreasing the popularity of everything else.

Quote:
Ok the only thing I can get from this post is true because Forza sales are low. We will find out in next month's NPD but it seems like the sales are lacking. And so if that is what you meant, then there is some truth there.
Yeah, Forza 3 can be an example. Shooters like COD play a big part in why other games released in November get sales that aren't as good as expected.

Quote:
My only argument would be that football games are just as much pick up and play as any other genre. And again I think the argument is moot because Madden 09 stayed in the top 10 amongst FPS/pick up play games last year.
With sports sim games though you have to play through the game for a good number of minutes... with shooters though you can play through one game in much less time so yeah, that's why I say they are more pick up and play (when it comes to online). Don't get me wrong though... I still think sports games are very pick up and play.

Anyways most of the same games that Madden 09 was competing with last year are still on the list now along with their sequels/spin-offs. So yeah... all I'm saying is that that should be taken into consideration.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #54
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
alliance, you can try to convince yourself and all of us all you like that madden is sliding down a spiral and ea should be worried but i think the only one that's going to be convinced is you. the simple fact is madden is still a huge moneymaker for ea and there is no reason for them to be worried or whatever you think they should be thinking about it. it's not on it's way down no matter how much you wish it was.
Obviously its not just me, judging by the negativity here, the sales figures and the live activity. I didn't have to convince people, they convinced themselves.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #55
DickDalewood
Guest
 
OVR:
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Obviously its not just me, judging by the negativity here, the sales figures and the live activity. I didn't have to convince people, they convinced themselves.
All your numbers do is support what the majority is saying: Other online games have become more popular (ever heard of Modern Warfare?), and sports games don't have the same pull they did before. And don't give me the "but Madden 09 sucked and even it was in the top 10!" argument. The other genres are showing a steady INCLINE in popularity, so it only makes sense to see sports titles steadily DECLINING. Hence, this year it's not as high up as last, which wasn't as high as the year before.

The video game industry is reaching a much larger audience now, and as such, games other than just the sports titles are becoming more and more popular.

ODogg is right, Madden is just fine.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 11-18-2009 at 06:33 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #56
MVP
 
Bgamer90's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Now you are grasping at straws. Come on man.
lol how?

I was talking in the case of what he was saying. Not you... and it's true. The sales of Madden 10 on consoles other than the 360/PS3 are down since Madden 10 didn't come out on things like the DS, Xbox (1), etc.
__________________
Bgamer90 on twitter
Bgamer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Top -