Home

Player overall vs sliders.

This is a discussion on Player overall vs sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Player overall vs sliders.

I am finding it alittle difficult to balance what should be happening from a players overall rating to the AI/sliders.

For example, my offensive line. The tendency is if they get in to much adjust the slider, but how far does this go without playing into the reality of the talent you have?

I want to build a great offensive and defense line. To be honest I don't notice much of a difference when it comes to using better rated players. Its alittle frustrating, because I am beginning to question whats the point of drafting better linemen when I see the same results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Player overall vs sliders.

The OL/DL interactions have really nothing to do with OVR. More so the OL. You can have a player rated 50 and they will play the same as a 90 in Human played games....if you just simulate your games the ratings of the OL matter. For the DL I've noticed anywhere from a 70-89 OVR will all play similar too....

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

If you keep the sliders for blocking at 50, then overalls will matter. I know my LT, was so bad for the Bills that I am definitely having to get another in the draft. If you want, you can go to my sliders in the slider section, and there I will try and customize sliders specifically for you. That way you can have pass blocking and run blocking at 50, but still have normal pass protection and a normal running game.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

This is going to turn into a "ratings don't matter thread."

Because they don't.

I predict a lock coming.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

So Randy Moss plays the same as Danny Amendola?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I don't know who that is, but I know I've seen average or worse WR make plays even great WR would have a very hard time making.

It looks even sillier on defense where average DBs with crap catching ratings make those one-handed spectacular catches that even the WR don't make.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 AM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
If they are just as fast [speed & acceleration] yes. I know that 74-ish Overall Josh Morgan [who I am a fan of, but is still a 74-ish player] of the 49ers plays as well for me as Boldin and Fitz do when I play as the Cards. As long as the QB's throwing power and accuracy ratings are high enough it doesn't matter.

The only ratings we see matter consistently are QB ratings and Speed. I have done tests on my own time about route running with complicated routes and simple routes with the highest and lowest rated receivers and there is only a slight difference between the two.

Player weapons were supposedto be in Madden 08 to highlight the stars, but according to Ian they only hurt the game and had to be fixed for M10. Regardless, ratings for both sides of the line don't matter as do a lot of the ratings. The sliders have far more power over the game. When you set block shedding to zero you will se players rarely shed blocks, when set to 100 they shed them almost every time. I would assume that when set to 50 they should be at the normal level, and they do shed them at a near 50/50 rate, which may sound nice, but when you look closer and compare the success rate of high rated linemen against low rated linemen, you see little to no difference. This is because the ratings don't really matter. The sliders have all the power. As a result, in franchise mode, paying big bucks for offensive or defensive linemen is a waste of time. They won't do any better than low rated guys, and low rated guys wont do that much worse than the big dollar guys like Hanesworth.

If you don't believe it, just search Youtube, there are lots of videos about this. Scratch that, just do it yourself.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
This is going to turn into a "ratings don't matter thread."

Because they don't.

I predict a lock coming.
Nor should they. I prefer APF2K8's way of showing players. Give us real world stats, and then Ball Hawk, Rocket Arm, Laser Arm, Speed Burner, Ankle Breaker, and the like to describe players. Numbers are a lazy way to convey a player's ability that sports games have relied on for far, far too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »