Home

Something Madden Does Better than ANY Other Game

This is a discussion on Something Madden Does Better than ANY Other Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Something Madden Does Better than ANY Other Game

There are people playing sports games from 5 years ago and 2 years ago. And neither of those are called Madden.

Just sayin'.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Single player is ruined by bad AI.
I wouldn't say it's ruined. You can still play it, but not from a strategy standpoint. You pretty much have to dumb down how you play the game, or make the game play extremely unrealistic. The overlay Ads popping up on every single play, not that kills immersion and ruins the game, at least for me.

Via the sliders and various challenges I've managed to play through 3 seasons and keep it fairly entertaining, only stopped playing on the 4th season after being frustrated by the popup Ads showing up 3 different games in a row after hitting the dashboard and relaunching the game in an attempt to get them to disappear with no success.

About halfway through with Assassin's Creed II (awesome game, my vote for GotY!), will probably try Madden again after I complete it. Going to have to go through the hassle of unplugging the cord just to avoid the Ads and a mental breakdown.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

There are still ppl playing NFL 2k5. That's remarkable re-playability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

The gameplay isn't killing it for me.

Actually, I think it is one of the best for a NFL game I have seen. The bugs and off field issues are ruining it for me.

I allow madden to pick my plays for me though, which does add a degree of difficultly and prevents me from taking advantage of the AI most of the time.

The sliders where a big bonus for me although some of them I think still need help, like the injury slider doesn't seem to work well for example. The penalty sliders (facemask and holding) don't work well either.

Other then that the defensive gameplay doesn't feel that great to me. I just don't feel that in control and most of the have to his the X button (PS3) to keep my guy near the action and prevent him from stumbling off or running through/past the ball carrier.

Offense feels much better then anything I have played in a long time though, providing you have the sliders, quarter lengthand acc. clock all tweaked well.

I do think that stats need a lot of work in game and out.

Stats get complicated though taking into account play calling, quarter length, and acc. clock can really effect the stats over the course of a season. But the simmed stats are still messed up, which should be less complicated.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I still play Warhawk(almost 2years of play now) WAY MORE! I don't agree that Madden has the replayability of other games.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #14
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
There are still ppl playing NFL 2k5. That's remarkable re-playability.
and there will be ppl playing CH2k8 for years to come

now granted, if there had been an NFL 2k6 or CH2k9 then no one would still be playing them... but if their was no Madden 11, would ppl still be playing Madden 10 years from now?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

oh yeah, the re-playablity is great.
I actually finished about 3 or 4 whole games since I got this great game on its release date.

Now, I am almost ready to sell it on ebay.
It's dead, it feels dead, there is no life to it.
the players look and move like little toy soldiers no matter what i do with the sliders or rosters...when i see a player doing his superspeedy cockroach like movement i feel like throwing up.

that might be what happens when a player is rated 90 or better in speed but I'm not editing every player's speed down.

When I put on MLB the show, I feel life.
This is just deadness personified.

Last edited by mrjordan; 11-19-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I wouldn't say it's ruined. You can still play it, but not from a strategy standpoint. You pretty much have to dumb down how you play the game, or make the game play extremely unrealistic. The overlay Ads popping up on every single play, not that kills immersion and ruins the game, at least for me.

Via the sliders and various challenges I've managed to play through 3 seasons and keep it fairly entertaining, only stopped playing on the 4th season after being frustrated by the popup Ads showing up 3 different games in a row after hitting the dashboard and relaunching the game in an attempt to get them to disappear with no success.

About halfway through with Assassin's Creed II (awesome game, my vote for GotY!), will probably try Madden again after I complete it. Going to have to go through the hassle of unplugging the cord just to avoid the Ads and a mental breakdown.
That pretty much ruins it for me; that's what I love about football video games. In other games, like baseball and basketball, there's very little strategy involved compared to football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »