Home

Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

This is a discussion on Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hint how to re-sign current players for minimum money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Hmm talk about been fake. That is not realism dude. If that what it takes for you to keep your best go right ahead. But me I wheather do it the right way. If means lossing a top guy because I can't afford it. So be it.
Where is the realism when 60 overall scrubs wanting a $1million a year contract? What kind of realism has rookie CBs wanting Champ Bailey money?

IMO, the only real way to compensate this is to manipulate the money. The FA/Rookie signings in this game are broken. Signing 10-12 guys just to fill my roster should not cost $10mil+.

And no, my team is not maxed and my last season in my Chise I made an early exit in the playoffs. My team ovr. is 88 so I am far from having a maxed team.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #34
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by firrea80
Its not cheating when you're paying them their salary.
I hope you're not serious.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #35
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Hmm talk about been fake. That is not realism dude. If that what it takes for you to keep your best go right ahead. But me I wheather do it the right way. If means lossing a top guy because I can't afford it. So be it.
Fair enough, but when your RT wants 30 mil a year, realism kinda goes out the window.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
If means lossing a top guy because I can't afford it. So be it.
While I agree with the sentiment, the FA system needs to work right.

That's what the problem is, imo, not this glitch.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #37
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't see the big deal, personally. It's not a glitch, it's a workaround within the system. Like CW said, it's useful for those who control all 32 teams and want to track things a certain way. I'm not a fan of using it otherwise (and personally haven't used it for the fore mentioned reason either yet), but I also could care less what anyone else does to enjoy the game...it's their experience, let them do what they want.

I do think the overall FA system needs work, but IMO, this isn't indicative of that, as anyone seeking as much realism as possible in this framework can simply not use this cheat.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Heres a fix for everyone complaining about the FA and cap system, Create or join an online franchise. There is no cap and all the good ones have human controlled fa/cap systems run on this website and many like it. You wont have to pay players exorbitant amount of money unless another team whats him too. Anyways if you need a loophole to make your offline chise enjoyable, so be it. the only person that plays that franchise is you.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:36 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

You guys are so thick-headed you're missing the point.

You think that we need to cheat to get the players (superstars) we want. Actually, this is more about realism than anything else. Yes, I am sure that there are some who are using this glitch to acquire and retain superstars and pay them low salaries. However, a lot of the people posting are talking about simply signing 65 and 70 OVR back-ups on their roster.

You people who are so negative, I hope you never sign a rookie for as cheap as possible, or you are a bunch of hypocrites. That is as "glitchy" as it comes with the easy as all get out scouting.

Basically, let your 69 OVR back-up LG go, draft a 79 LG in the 5th or 6th and pay him like 350K for 7 years. That's realism for ya.

I have a folder of house rules designed to keep my franchise as real as possible, but I do allow myself to use this work-around when guys are asking money that is outrageous and will turn around and sign with any CPU team for pennies on the dollar. Like I have said before, if it varied from player to player (some demanding more, some less) I would be very happy, but it is 100% of the time.

I say if you are going to use the work-around, and you have a guy in his prime or starting his prime who is a FA and is in the 90-range OVR, look at the top 5 at his position and either pay him the avg salary out of the 5, or if your man is rated equal with the person who is the top payed, pay him a salary that is slightly larger.

If you have rules like this in place, than the Salary Cap still does it's intended job.

EA simply didn't devote much time to offline franchise. That being said I am playing this game and enjoying it more than any other Madden I have ever played. I should be going into my 2nd season when the 2nd patch hits, and I am averaging about 3 games a week.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #40
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree that the FA signing money is whacked.

I've used the "switch positions" method, but I sign the players for realistic money--in other words, real NFL averages for the position and the player's performance. I won't let myself sign a top WR for minimum salary RT money.

Lots of ways to keep it real.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »