Home

Why can't players have 100 Rating

This is a discussion on Why can't players have 100 Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you think player should have 100 Ratings
Yes 31 35.63%
No 60 68.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why can't players have 100 Rating

I think that last years madden you could get 100 rating by doing pratices with players. When you went to the game it would then revert back to 99. Maybe it was a bug and thats why dunno.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #18
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think they should just get rid of the overall rating number. Let people size up the individual attributes and see what they value most.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:55 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I think they should just get rid of the overall rating number. Let people size up the individual attributes and see what they value most.
I think this would be a good idea, sort of. I like the use of overall player ratings for the casual fan, but I wish the CPU would ignore it to an extent.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
vernon gholston caught him from behind to save a td for the jets earlier this year. i know this because it is the only good play i have seen gholston make.
hahaha nice. yes. line up on the center and bullrush ftw.

If you think chris johnson should have the highest speed rating, why not just make sure 99 is the standard for the fastest top end speed in madden and move everyone else's rating down?

Also, in terms of overall, the composite ratings that add up to overall are capped at 99 but it doesn't prevent the ratings that determine the overall from increasing. For example, I'm pretty sure fitzy and polamalu would be like 103's or higher if there was no overall cap based on how the 'overall' rating responds to individual attribute increases when editing players.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

100 would imply perfection, and no one is perfect. But then, I don't think we should be using numbers at all. This is the equivelant of knowing Mario's speed as compared to Sonci's instead of just knowing Sonic is faster. Sports games have been extremely lazy with their design by using numbers instead of real world stats, scouting techniques, and just letting gamers enjoy the player playing the game. The ability list is one thing APF2K8 did really well (view it here).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm not sure if I remember looking, but didn't Hester have a 100 rating on an older Madden?
Old 11-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

100 does look prettier than 99.

100 doesn't necessarily implies perfection. It can imply: the best.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
100 would imply perfection, and no one is perfect. But then, I don't think we should be using numbers at all. This is the equivelant of knowing Mario's speed as compared to Sonci's instead of just knowing Sonic is faster. Sports games have been extremely lazy with their design by using numbers instead of real world stats, scouting techniques, and just letting gamers enjoy the player playing the game. The ability list is one thing APF2K8 did really well (view it here).

As said above me, 100 doesnt imply perfection. Under the current system 99 would be considered perfect just as much as a 100 would be if it went up to 100 instead of 99.

The way the game works is with a bunch of mathematical formulas that give you a chance of something to happen. Just because you have a 100 doesnt mean you will be able to perform said action 100% perfect. It just means you will have a higher chance to perform the action then someone who has a lower rating. In a typical system, devs wont allow any player to have a 100% chance to do something because in the NFL any given player on any given down still has a small chance to perform.(Then again Im not a dev of Madden and cant say this is so but that would be how I would want the game to be able to perform)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »