Home

Franchise Help

This is a discussion on Franchise Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Help

What would be a good team to use for these requirements (with the draft classes from ncaa 10 btw):

Good QB
Good RB

AND a good draft position without making any drastic changes. I feel that every single time i try to meet these requirements it always goes south. Help Please.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Franchise Help

Vikings

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 11-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Define good draft position? Starting in the preseason you don't draft until you have played the full season.

Anyway, teams with a good back and a good qb, depends on what you want in each.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Bucs and Browns to think of,but if you play the way I play you'll need two good running backs.I play with the stamina setting at 70.So I rotate 2 to 3 runningbacks through out the entire game.So that could open up alot more teams to consider.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Define good draft position? Starting in the preseason you don't draft until you have played the full season.

Anyway, teams with a good back and a good qb, depends on what you want in each.
Right, i wasnt too too clear with that. Basicly, im looking for a team that has a good QB or RB to build a team around.

Say, like an 8-8 start, so i have a contender/rebuilding year, and i get a good draft pick. I was thinking Houston or Minnesota, but im not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

If you are looking for a good draft slot, just take a team like Oakland. I am not a fan of Jamarcus Russell, but you could deal him and still build around RB McFadden. Plus, you should end up with a high draft pick.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Ok, in that case detroit is an interesting option as with stafford you have a great QB to build around going forward and kevin smith is also a very high potential back who is pretty solid to start out. They also have a number of players with great potential and are a few pieces away from true contention.

Miami is another decently interesting pick although depending on the moves you make at the beginning or a few bounces going their way they may be a playoff team from the start. Henne has a decently big arm and a lot of upside though and ronnie and ricky are a decent backfield duo even if ricky is kinda getting up there in age. They also have some very good peices but are also missing quite a bit.

Houston is another borderline contender and schaub is a solid enough QB and slaton is a true weapon running and catching the ball with his speed. Also, there you have an elite pass rusher in williams, a good DT in okoye, a couple good linebackers in ryans and cushing, a very good TE in daniels who is backed up by high potential players, and potentially the most dominant reciever in the game in andre johnson who is like fitz but with more speed.

Tennesee could be an option depending on how you feel about vince. Chris is a true weapon in the backfield though and they have some real potential.

Jacksonville has MJD who is a beast and garrard who is solid enough but isn't really great.

With the next roster updates cinci could be an option. I am sure benson will be given a huge boost and carson is pretty good.

Chicage has forte who is a good versatile back and cutler who has a huge arm.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Interesting...im considering Miami and Detroit.

Just a couple things.

What should i do about Miamis running back situatiion? Like Ricky is aging, and since im playin with injuries i cant stand but not think about Ronnie getting hurt

Maybe trading ricky? For another back?

And i would do cincy, however (personally) whenever i run the ball with cedric benson, all hell breaks loose. But i will try him out after the update

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »